Product Manager (Tracking)
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly-talented Product Manager (Tracking) to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard- working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Supply Chain & Logistics (SC&L) Product Lead
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Work with the SC&L Product Lead to define the overall vision and roadmap of features and services for the Takealot Group Logistics Tracking product.
- Translate business requirements into functional and technical IT user stories and project specifications, by ensuring that projects are broken down into phases to deliver business benefit as soon as possible.
- You may manage a team of business analysts responsible for helping define requirements for projects in your roadmap.
- The role is inherently cross-functional; working closely with customer service, engineering, design, operations, and stakeholders to bring about product enhancements that will benefit our customers and/or business.
- You will work with stakeholders to understand their strategy, requirements and priorities in order to translate needs into recommended initiatives & projects that affect the product.
- You will define and track the metrics and data that will inform all decisions on product features and functionality.
- Create business cases to motivate the prioritization of these initiatives in order to improve and drive these metrics.
- You will analyse and understand project scope and core objectives through requirements workshops with stakeholders to define business requirements.
- You will use relevant data, analysis and external benchmarks to inform these requirements
- You will elicit detailed, low level functional requirements and document these requirements such that detailed technical specifications can be compiled by Engineering.
- Collaborate with technical lead and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Be proactive in ensuring that the development and QA teams understand the requirements by attending backlog grooming and sprint planning sessions and initiating functional clarification sessions where needed.
- Setting timelines, driving project schedules, managing stakeholder communications and leading cross-functional development teams from design through to release.
- Review the test plan and test scripts to ensure quality and coverage.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- You may directly manage business analysts responsible for defining requirements, business drivers and competitive analysis, tracking the execution of these requirements to final product delivery.
- Must have a proven track record of execution and can formulate a detailed product roadmap, and to execute on that plan.
- Ability to wear multiple hats to guide junior product managers, business analysts, UX experts, and engineering to deliver world-class products.
- Be solution-oriented, accountable, highly motivated and have a robust personality.
- The ability to take initiative in ambiguous situations by identifying critical problems and driving solutions.
- Strong analytical background with data driven decision making. Attention to detail with a curious mind.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities
- An avid customer advocate
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, BCom Computer Science or similar degree
- At least 2 years experience in a product development environment
- Preferably 2 years agile experience
- Experience in an e-commerce or Supply Chain environment would be to your advantage
- com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer- centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e- commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.