Product Marketing Manager: Operator Lifecycle Manager, K8s, Linux, Windows apps
Home based - EMEA
For you, it has always been difficult to separate the role of Product Marketing Manager from Product Manager - as you’re equally talented at both sides of the coin. If you’re happiest right in the middle of user experience, technology, and go to market strategy + execution, then this role is a great fit for you.
Product Marketing Management and Product Marketing at Canonical are one and the same. Working here, you’ll find yourself surrounded by customer-centric, solution-focused, data-driven peers. Canonical supports a wide array of technologies ranging from the Ubuntu operating system, to bare metal, to the cloud, to the edge, and everything in between. Your colleagues are experts in their space and the opportunities for learning are limited only by your drive to understand.
Your main focus in this role is the Juju product line. Juju is, in Kubernetes terms, an operator lifecycle manager. But it is far more than a K8s OLM, because it provides model-driven operations and it is able to bring the operator pattern to many more classes of application than cloud-native apps. We aim to help devsecops take control of applications, no matter the complexity they’re dealing with: from containerized workloads across K8s clusters to traditional Linux and Windows apps on multiple clouds and infrastructure.
- Lead across an array of cloud-native offerings
- Develop solutions with operators and the operator pattern
- Become the connector between engineering, sales, marketing, the customer and the community
- Create content and materials to share the story of the products you work with
- Engage the Cloud Native community
- Create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences
- Research, consult, and train teams
- Create marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts
- Deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness
- Annual planning, working with engineering to develop product roadmaps
- Passion for tech and business
- Devops experience with Kubernetes
- A desire to build better tools for developers
- Deep familiarity with the open source stack from Linux to Github
- Awareness of open source community practices
- Cloud-native development and operations experience
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- Community experience
- Experience with content planning, development, and promotion
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- Aptitude for data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement. Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership.
You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products, with a particular focus on containers, Kubernetes, Docker, enterprise open source applications and projects. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.