Senior UX Researcher
Seattle, Washington, United States
As a Senior UX Researcher at Qualtrics on the Experience Research Team you will drive the future of Qualtrics Experience Management products to deliver a best-in-class user experience that creates loyalty, value, and delight. You have highly developed research skills and use them to understand the UX of our products, key user scenarios and business needs of our customers and how people collect, monitor and share insights inside their organizations. You infuse Qualtrics with these customer and product insights as you help drive the vision and strategy for the next generation of Qualtrics products. You work cross-functionally with data scientists, strategic planners, designers, program managers, line of business owners and engineers to develop products that are elegant, easy-to-use and successful.
What Success Looks Like in the Role
You inspire those around you to understand the customer and have a multiplier effect on creating enthusiasm for products and features. You are collaborative and help build, shape and grow the research team -- mentoring more junior team members. You own the development of research strategy and push the boundaries on existing methodologies to deliver new innovative processes for conducting UX research. Your strong research background in understanding human behavior and technology help you drive actionable insights that guide product decisions. You have successfully made UX Research part of the fabric of Qualtrics’ product design and development process.
A Day in the Life
- As the UX product insight expert you are the voice of the customer for user experience and product feedback. You know what users want and our product gaps. You have a strong voice that guides the product team’s understanding of feature prioritization and UX improvements.
- You are a part of the product team and you collaborate with researchers, data scientists, designers, product managers, and strategic planners to identify customer perceptions about Qualtrics and existing products, define key use scenarios and collaborate to develop new or improved product concepts.
- You are a thought leader and evangelize customer and product needs inside Qualtrics.
- You teach best practices and share metrics.
- You are known as an exceptional research partner who gets the data that matters most and delivers actionable insights.
You are a seasoned researcher who knows how to collaborate with product teams, can plan and execute the full range of methodologies and isn’t afraid to push boundaries. You are skilled in constructing research toolkits. You are able to synthesize and translate qualitative and quantitative data into actionable insights. You deliver research findings and recommendations in engaging, thought provoking formats.
You have excelled and grown within a dynamic, rapidly scaling, organization. You know how to collect inputs and turn them into measurable outputs. You want to build tools that show businesses the power of the intersection between brand, product, customer and employee.
- Master's degree in one of these disciplines: Psychology, Human-Centered Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar.
- A PhD is preferred.
- 7+ years of industry research experience.
- Exceptional and demonstrated end-to-end qualitative and quantitative research skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- High standards of detail, excellence, professionalism and role model behavior.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a thought leader.
- Extensive experience working closely with UX Design, Product, and Engineering teams on gathering and implementation of research recommendations.
- A portfolio that includes examples of leading strategic research with significant business outcomes.