Senior Product Manager - Internal Safety Tools
San Francisco, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Community Health product team ensures Twitch is the safest place for communities to create, consume, and engage with live digital content. As the product owner of Internal Safety Tools on our team, you will be responsible for the long-term vision, strategy, and launch of large impactful products used by internal teams to keep Twitch safe. This role works closely with many teams across Twitch, including safety specialists, policy, legal, and partnerships.
The ideal candidate will have experience creating the product vision and roadmap for new or existing products, proven ability to develop strategic vision based on rigorous analytics, a passion for protecting users from harm, and persuasive verbal and written communication skills with senior leaders across all stakeholders. In addition to defining, developing, and driving the roadmap and three year plan for internal safety tools, they will also be responsible for leading new product ideation and development that will have direct impact on millions of creators and viewers every day.
- Lead the definition, design and construction of large scale products that protect users from harm
- Lead the development of product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements, user stories, and product specifications
- Manage priorities and trade-offs among customer experience and performance
- Identify and resolve strategic issues to meet team’s strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Communicate product plans and results that influence senior executives
- 2+ years experience working on consumer-facing or internal trust and safety products
- Strong bias for action with ability to manage multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on time-sensitive deadlines
- Experience translating customer needs into innovative and detailed product requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical fluency; can understand and discuss mobile and web architecture and technologies, gauge complexity of a planned feature, make schedule tradeoffs, and evaluate roadmap timeframes with technical team members
- MBA or Masters Degree
- Experience in Trust & Safety at other companies
- Experience working closely with an Operations team
- Experience in gaming or entertainment industry
- Technical background
- Strong SQL proficiency
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave, Flexible PTO, Commuter Benefits, Amazon Employee Discount, Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages), Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily, Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.