Are you passionate about building and scaling products? Do you want to create and improve software that powers thousands of world’s biggest web sites? Join us.
Acquia's product team is looking for a Product Owner (PO) who can cultivate and drive innovation in Acquia’s platform service offerings. The Product Owner will work directly with a Product Manager, Technical Lead, Scrum Master, and Service Engineering Team to define requirements, establish priorities, plan roadmaps, and optimize their product’s market and technical potential.
The Product Owner must have a strong sense of empathy for the user, exhibit independent motivation and problem solving skills, and demonstrate good instincts for judging as to priority and risk.
- Advocate for the needs of the customer and translate them into business objectives and requirements for the rest of the company.
- Serve as primary subject matter expert for the product area, or work directly with SME’s to influence product ideation.
- Own the product backlog: create epics and stories, and actively refine them to ensure the availability of a steady flow of actionable requirements that align with the vision, goals, and priorities of the product.
- Create detailed acceptance criteria for user stories, working closely with stakeholders and the engineering team.
- Partner with UX, engineers, and stakeholders to research and design the product solution.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering teams to create roadmaps and sprint plans.
- Lead the creation of objective and key results (OKRs) based on input from corporate OKRs, product Management, other POs, and engineering team members.
- Identify and address cross-project dependencies, risks, and impacts.
- Clearly communicate objective status, risks, and roadmap progress to key stakeholders across the organization.
- Excellent organisational, agile project management, and time management skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to adapt rapidly.
- Opinionated, creative thinker with a vision
- Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Experience leading or contributing remote teams
- Technical background in Drupal development or hosting
- Technical background in cultivating DevOps at the technical and organizational level
- Technical background in Linux or Cloud infrastructure technologies
- Technical background in developer products such as CICD, APIs, CLIs, etc
Who We Are:
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia runs one of the world's largest Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. Our Drupal optimized cloud runs on over 18,000 AWS instances and delivers billions of page views monthly for our clients, running some of the largest and most mission-critical websites in the world. We are seeking exceptional cloud infrastructure engineers who desire to deliver world-class performance & reliability and build powerful tools for software developers to effortlessly scale their web applications. At Acquia, we are obsessive about our customers' uptime, security, scalability and developer experience and are looking for engineers who are equally passionate.
Our cloud engineering team utilizes a variety of programming languages and technologies to tackle many interesting architecture and scalability challenges. Although we run PHP & MySQL at a massive scale for our Drupal customers, on the backend we’re building scalable systems, automation and stack enhancements in everything from Ruby to PHP to Go, and storing data in everything from MySQL to DynamoDB.
At Acquia we work on a variety of exciting projects ranging from running massive microservice infrastructures, to building highly available database clusters using the latest technologies, to building streaming log pipelines and ultimately being the best place in the world to run Drupal websites. We’re one of Amazon’s largest partners and run our workloads in 9 AWS regions.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.