Principal Product Marketing Manager, Evergreen
Mountain View, CA
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition. Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays, and in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage. Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies. The stage is set for Pure's technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’re looking for a standout Product Marketing Manager (PMM) who thinks and acts like a “General Manager” who wants accountability for the revenue target for their product or service and is willing to lead the charge on the GTM side to make sure you meet or exceed it. As the product marketing leader for FlashArray’s Tier-1 customers and Existing Business team, you’ll drive the revenue strategy for our install base. You will partner with product management and engineering to distill complex technologies into consumable customer benefits and outcomes and then work with marketing, sales, and channels to ensure adoption, up-sell and cross-sell of our product and feature portfolio. You’ll be responsible for driving the customer usage analytics to create machine-generated and micro-targeted up-sell and cross-sell proposals.
- Be the center of the execution hub between engineering, customer analytics, digital marketing, field marketing, sales, and channels ensuring your install base business meet or exceed top line business revenue goals
- Own messaging and positioning of portfolio features to our install base
- Test and refine new approaches to monetizing our install base
- Drive seller and partner enablement and success - ensure sellers and partners can not only articulate the product capabilities and benefits effectively but also have the tools and programs they need in order to meet their targets
- Partner with corporate marketing teams to develop marketing campaigns, field programs, and sales plays, including goals, revenue targets, KPIs, channel strategies, and content development to grow our install base
- Work effectively across Pure Storage with groups such as engineering, product management, corporate marketing, sales and channels to achieve our joint business goals
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Intense intellectual curiosity to create growth opportunity and the entrepreneurial spirit to chase them
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of studies such as computer science OR 7+ years relevant industry experience in product management or marketing of technical products
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
- Understanding of SaaS, web 2.0, or gaming business models a plus
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.