Senior Digital Product Designer
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
FutureLearn is transforming access to education, delivering a genuinely positive impact in a changing world.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and talented digital product designer to join our award-winning UX Research & Design team. You will be a high-level practitioner who can lead projects and proactively identify where you can make a positive impact. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to expand on their skills, working in a friendly, diverse, dynamic and mixed-discipline Ed-Tech environment.
- Work closely with product managers, design-lead, developers and other stakeholders to understand project requirements and create forward-thinking solutions that push the boundaries and deliver successful outcomes for our users.
- Help drive user experience, interaction, and visual design throughout the entire project lifecycle; from initial idea generation, sketches, user flows and wireframes to the delivery of visually rich, inspiringly simple, and easy-to-use experiences that enhance our brand.
- Conduct simple user research, testing designs with users, analyse the results and integrate changes into your design process, with guidance from our user experience researchers.
- Use competitive analysis, data and insights to decide on design and product directions.
- Present your work at sprint reviews and other situations to groups of people, taking on feedback and adjusting designs as required.
- Contribute to discussions about the product, championing the user experience and brand at all time
- 4+ years of commercial experience.
- Display a high level of UX knowledge and practical skills with real-world examples.
- Able to demonstrate a senior level of design skills, demonstrated by your prior experience.
- Prior experience working on SaaS, marketplace or e-commerce products
- Experience of working with and maintaining design systems.
- Solve problems using data and user research to inform decisions and evaluate solutions – to meet users’ needs and achieve business goals.
- Able to create stimulating and accessible experiences that evoke the right emotions for users.
- The ability to create, manage and facilitate workshops for the product team and wider stakeholders to ensure broad insight and understanding
- Effectively organise, structure and label content, data and navigation, ensuring scalability.
- Obsessed with the details of the user experience and can simplify complex processes into easy-to-use experiences.
- Able to create prototypes to test theories, hypotheses and the usability of ideas.
- Conduct user research to test and optimise the effectiveness of design solutions.
- Strong awareness of current UX and design trends, techniques and patterns, finding
- You will love what you do, be committed to creating excellent work, showing motivation and energy to complete the tasks to the best of your ability, and developing your skills at every opportunity.
We will be looking for you to demonstrate the following competencies – appropriate to your prior experience.
- Collaboration: Comfortable working in a cross-discipline product team.
- Communication: Able to clearly explain things in a non-judgmental way.
- Initiative: Proactively explore and propose solutions.
- Curiosity: Display a strong desire to learn and understand.
- Design: Demonstrate a high level of design skills.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Westfield Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free access to Calm app
- Dedicated personal learning & development budget
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform formed in December 2012 by The Open University and is now jointly owned by The Open University and The SEEK Group. FutureLearn has over 10 million people signed up worldwide. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible short online courses, microcredentials, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate degrees that improve working lives. It partners with over a quarter of the world’s top universities, as well as organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, CIPD, Raspberry Pi and Health Education England (HEE). It’s also involved in government-backed initiatives to address skills gaps such as The Institute of Coding and the National Centre for Computing Education.
Please use our online form by pressing 'Apply for this job' below, including your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to come work with us.
We welcome remote applicants.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
No recruitment agents please.
We value all the great benefits that diversity brings and encourage everyone to bring their whole self at work, regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.