Strategic Product Manager - SOC/IR
Remote - United States
ThreatConnect, Inc. provides cybersecurity software that reduces complexity for everyone, makes decision making easy by turning intelligence into action, and integrates processes and technologies to continually strengthen defenses and drive down risk. Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security leadership, risk, security operations, threat intelligence, and incident response), ThreatConnect’s decision and operational support platform is the only solution available today with cyber risk quantification, intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in one. To learn more, please visit www.threatconnect.com.
We offer a competitive benefits package with comprehensive insurance coverage, paid time off, and unique perks designed to help you meet your financial and personal goals.
We are committed to offering an employment experience and benefits package that enables you and your family to grow with us and to share in our success. We love to recognize our employees who have gone above and beyond, and offer incentives like quarterly awards, an employee bonus and referral program, and team-building outings.
About the Team
- Our team of seven is located all over the US, from Nevada to Virginia and several places in between!
- Every report has weekly 1-on-1 coaching sessions with their manager, and quarterly skip 1-on-1s with their manager’s manager
- Since COVID started, we’ve been having weekly team video meetings that do double duty as happy hours and general team brainstorming
- Pre and post COVID, we do quarterly on sites where the entire team gets together to participate in developing strategy and getting to know each other better
- The team itself is organized around two key user personas: 1) Threat Intelligence and 2) SOC/Incident Response. The needs of each persona are addressed by a Strategic Product Manager, who handles core platform and strategic initiatives, and a team of Technical Product Managers reporting to each Strategic Product Manager.
- These two personas are supported in parallel by our Platform Solutions team, which is responsible for ensuring that each persona can quickly get value out of the platform thanks to a library of ready-to-go use cases, integrations, and other content.
Our Team's Mission : The Product Management Team’s mission is to help our users do their jobs better with lovable, essential products. We relentlessly pursue a deep understanding of user problems to inspire ThreatConnect and our users with a clear, compelling, and cohesive product vision.
Our Team Values: “Integrity, User Focus, Nerdy Passion, Collaboration, and Curious Creativity”. And speaking of “Integrity”, those aren’t just buzzwords: we have detailed documentation on each one and live them daily!
In this role, you’ll be spending a lot of time gathering feedback from: surveys, user analytics, market and competitive research, and most importantly direct customer interaction. You’ll then work with the rest of the product management team and other stakeholders to identify the top needle-movers that belong on our roadmap.
Next, you’ll collaborate with our Design and Engineering teams to help them turn our roadmap into reality by discussing designs, writing user stories and acceptance criteria, and balancing impact versus effort, all while giving the team a solid context around the “why” of what they’re working on.
Finally, you’ll work with teams like Product Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales to ensure that they are empowered to communicate the value of our products to the market, from writing blogs to giving webinars to speaking at industry events.
Helping you on your journey is a Technical Product Manager, who you will mentor and coach as your direct report. This person will help you drive our integrations strategy, as well as serve as a valuable expert on the more technical aspects of our products.
You fight for the user. You spend every day thinking about how you can help our users. What frustrations do they have? Where are they getting stuck? How can our software make their lives better? This is what drives you to inspire others to solve them.
Your curiosity is insatiable. You understand that being a good listener means asking the right questions. Digging deeper. Uncovering the mystery. When a user says, “I want this button to be blue,” you want to hear their life story to find the clues that answer “why blue?”
You prefer to chart a course rather than be micromanaged. You will be an expert in our user’s needs and how our software can help meet them. We trust our experts, and we expect you and your reports to chart the best course.
Show and tell was your favorite school subject. As cool as technology and our solutions are, we really want to make sure that others can and will use them. You love talking ad nauseum about the solutions you help bring to market, and are driven by helping others in sales and marketing succeed to do the same.
You’re invigorated by your small but mighty team. You don’t mind working as a team of two. We want to create a team where members are free to take interpersonal risks, challenge each other’s assumptions, and help each other succeed. It’s not just about having “mandatory fun” at happy hours, it’s about wanting the best for each other.
In this role you’ll get to...
- Explore the unmet needs of some of the most advanced cybersecurity teams in the world
- Seek out new market opportunities and new ways we can help our users
- Boldly inspire other teams with new initiatives
- Work with a psychologically safe and values-driven team
1-3-6-12 Month Plan
In the first month we’ll expect you to…
- Get to know your immediate team and engineering counterparts and have 1-on-1s with some of your main stakeholders
- Learn our products at a high level
- Ask lots and lots of questions!
At 3 months we’ll expect you to…
- Learn our products in-depth and give demos of new features
- Have an understanding of ThreatConnect’s underlying architecture
- Be well-versed in our internal tools, like Miro, ProductBoard, and Pendo
- Deliver your first set of requirements to engineering
- Suggest potential process improvements
At 6 months we’ll expect you to…
- Deliver a successful release of our core platform
- Assist Product Marketing with content initiatives
- Assist our documentation team to ensure that our new features are well-documented
- Execute on potential process improvements
At 12 months we’ll expect you to…
- Be able to chart your own course and roadmap based on engineering feasibility and your deep, empathetic understanding of user needs
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager of a software product, preferably in the cybersecurity space for SOC or threat intelligence personas
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong security background and experience with threat intelligence, SOC, IR, or SOAR
- Experience working cross functionally with multiple teams including Engineering and Marketing
- Experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Passion for how the right intelligence can help security teams make better decisions
- Experience with JIRA or other ticketing systems
- Familiarity with tools used by Infosec teams, including SIEMs, vulnerability managers, UEBA, and EDR
- Familiarity with the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Experience working with a remote team
- Experience with the software we use in-house preferred: ProductBoard, Pendo, Miro
- Formative childhood experiences that revolved around Star Wars or other iconic science fiction/fantasy works in popular culture
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- Pet Insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave