Product Designer (UX/UI)
London, England, United Kingdom
We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020.
At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
Overview of the RXD team
The RXD team (Research, Experience, Design) covers disciplines that are critical to Zego’s success, and we want it to be a place where designers and researchers have the opportunity to collaborate, grow and bring the user to every part of our decision making. We work hand in hand with product, engineering and business stakeholders, working in an Agile environment of cross-functional teams to ensure that we deliver high quality experiences and interfaces with every product we ship.
Purpose of the role
This role will primarily focus on our B2B products and customers, covering ecommerce, online experiences and customer experience flows including journeys with our customer support and sales teams.
Joining our design team, you’ll be working with Zegons from almost every discipline in the company to ensure we understand our customers, while helping to save them time and money.
What you will be working on
- You will play a key role in evolving the UX and UI of our digital platforms, websites and apps, in collaboration with multiple other teams
- You will be the go-to person for design requirements within your Agile squad of engineers and product managers, creating and evolving user flows, wireframes and realistic mock-ups
- You will support the Product Manager in monitoring and improving our UIs based on analytics and research
- You will use and contribute to our Design System
- You will perform usability testing on our existing flows or Figma prototypes you’ll create, in collaboration with the research team, discovering actionable insights
What you will need to be successful
- You're have knowledge of UX/UI principles, methodologies and best practices, with experience in taking complex concepts and transforming them into intuitive and simple-looking interfaces
- You have practice dealing with product or business stakeholders, asking the right questions to get clear and organised requirements that keep the customer at the centre of the experience
- You are familiar with working with Design Systems and best practices in design patterns
- You have empathy, both towards our customers’ needs and your colleagues across the company. You can appreciate and aid in everyone’s efforts into reaching our collective goals, collaborating daily with other departments
- You are a good team player, happy to collaborate and critique designs within your team, squad and stakeholders
What it's like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.