Senior Product Designer
Redwood City, CA; Santiago, Chile
About the Role
The Design team is the creative force responsible for the Evernote user experience and interface, from sign-up to creating the thousandth note. We work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to define and deliver delightful experiences that enable people all over the world to focus on what matters most, whether at work or at home.
As a Senior Product Designer focused on turning information into actions, you will solve the problem of helping people all over the world organize and act on their information and ideas, so they can remember everything and accomplish anything. You’ll directly impact the experience of our mobile and desktop products, leading the evolution of existing features and defining transformative new concepts. This includes the opportunity to contribute to exciting new features such as a Home screen that serves as a starting place for all that Evernote has to offer as well as a full featured Tasks experience that helps people get things done. You’ll also contribute to the global design language, helping to deliver a well-crafted and coherent experience to tens of millions of active users.
What you will do
- Be a thoughtful voice for our users. Constantly thinking about new and improved use cases and features that will appeal to our users
- Create high level user stories, prototypes, design mockups, specs, and production assets
- Provide and solicit actionable feedback to move designs forward
- Provide feedback and creative ideas to other designers on the team
- Define innovative user interactions that result in improved user productivity
- Drive a high level of visual fidelity across products.
- Be nimble. You will be working to define requirements while simultaneously designing for those requirements.
What you have done
- B.A./B.S. in design, HCI, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of relevant product experience
- Experience designing engaging user experiences for native mobile apps
- Demonstrated understanding of web and native desktop and mobile design patterns i.e. Android (Material Design) and/or iOS (Human Interface Guidelines)
- A strong sense of visual/UI design and typography are critical
- Ability to prototype designs in lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity as required
- Ability to define a POV on how design solutions achieve user and business goals
- Proven track-record for shipping high quality experiences
- Experience working closely with other designers, product managers/marketers and developers
- A complete portfolio featuring examples of product design
- Experience with Figma strongly preferred, but not required
Who you are
- Eager to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Unique drive to turn ideas into innovative products
- A collaborative and enthusiastic problem solver
Please provide a link to your portfolio, which highlights examples of your product design work.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.