Senior Product Designer, Core Products
Remote (Ireland, United Kingdom, Germany, United States or Canada)
As a Product Designer, you will craft successful, meaningful products that help thousands of developers deliver better applications to their users, faster.
The Product Design Role
Product designers at CircleCI have a strong problem-solving process and a demonstrated ability to explain that process. We are curious, ask questions, dig deep into problems, and are excited to learn new things. We are strong visual problem solvers who understand the key elements of visual design including visual hierarchy, layout, typography, color, etc and also have the ability to communicate structure, relationships and flow through visual assets. We value curiosity and seek every opportunity to engage with customers and utilize design to tackle real user problems.
Our designers are empathetic and collaborative and are able to work well with people from different backgrounds. We advocate for design decisions through data, research, and strong critical thinking, but also engage in participatory discussions, take feedback, and use that feedback to produce the best possible designs for our customers.
The Senior Role
We look to our senior designers to understand the domain and be responsible for the design function for their product areas, think holistically about user journeys across the product, outline design processes, and clarify expectations. They understand their team’s domain and share their knowledge frequently with teammates. They mentor junior members of the design team, deliver praise and constructive feedback to teammates and business partners, and actively seek feedback on their own performance.
Senior product designers build positive relationships and help teammates overcome obstacles, contributing to the healthy functioning of the broader organization. Does this describe your own ambitions and values? Check out more details about the role below!
Designing for Core Products
A successful designer on our core products will have previous experience in developer tools or an interest in the technical space and the curiosity to dig deep and learn more. Someone coming into this role should have experience using data analytics, user testing, and research to validate design decisions.
Core product designers understand the jobs to be done for core user journeys and work collaboratively with their functional team and across teams to ensure a complete experience.
This is a key role with the opportunity to contribute holistically to improving the experience of our customers.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of design experience (previous SaaS, enterprise or Developer tools work a huge plus)
- The vision to craft the big picture, and the tactical ability to break it down so that engineering can succeed in building it incrementally
- Ability to think through sophisticated user problems, propose solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineering to build them
- Communicate design clearly, regardless of the audience
- Ability to collaborate with a team across multiple time zones
- Look for opportunities to address problems for people in unusual and innovative ways and enjoy collaborating with engineers to ship small, quick experiments to validate your ideas and opinions
- Experience doing user research and data analysis
- A portfolio of work that shows sophisticated and creative UX solutions to technical issues and a proven grasp of information architecture.
- Basic Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS with an ability to understand technical complexities of proposed solutions
- Experience with Lean UX methodologies
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.