Product Owner, Supply Chain Technology
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
HelloFresh is a tech company and invests significantly into its technology teams (“squads and tribes”), which build software solutions (i.e., Products) inhouse that are specifically designed for our needs. The Product Owner is a strategic role within HelloFresh at the intersection of Business, Design and Engineering.
We are looking for a Product Owner, Supply Chain Technology who will deliver incremental value to the company by creating solutions and features that match our business needs, and are technically and operationally feasible.
Reporting to the Director of Operations Strategy, you will take complete ownership of critical business KPIs and will be expected to add real value to our end customers and internal stakeholders, in order to allow for faster growth and market expansion. As part of the Strategic Project Management Office, you will be the voice of the customer in local and global technology development teams and work closely with delivery teams to translate vision and ideas into features, detailed requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Consult business stakeholders to understand business and technology needs. This involves eliciting feedback from customers and stakeholders through interviews, surveys, assessments, and other discovery methods, distilling the results into insights on capability gaps and improvement opportunities, and validating these insights with the relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with local and international Design, Engineering, and Business stakeholders to develop business cases and solutions to address the identified business needs. Solutions can be either globally implemented or locally developed
- Own the development and maintenance of our operations capability vision and transformation roadmap and project backlog and help leadership with prioritizing project backlog according to the business value and ROI
- Partner with Technical Program Managers to plan product releases
- Manage and groom the product backlog, create actionable user stories, write and execute acceptance tests while defining acceptance criteria
- Participate in relevant scrum meetings and influence sprint goals and commitments.
At a minimum, you have:
- 3+ years of experience in product management, operations assessment, and Agile framework methodology
- A conceptual understanding of end-to-end supply chain functions (planning, sourcing & procurement, production, logistics)
- Track record of creative problem solving and the desire to influence new products.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and influencing the organization.
- Experience managing multiple projects and balancing priorities
- Experience with production and distribution automation technology (hardware and software) is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or equivalent
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust and support you - take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
- We’ve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday and milestone celebrations, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
When We Return to The Office:
To ensure the health and safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are working remotely through until June 2021! When we return to the office, you’ll love:
- Our bright and functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, and local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, and more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.