Product Design Manager
Product Design Manager at GoCardless
We believe in making lives easier by building outstanding experiences.
We’re looking for inspired and curious people to join the design function to help develop the culture, define principles, and collaborate with brand design to set the direction for the future of GoCardless products.
The team strives to deliver meaningful change to the people and processes we serve. Whether it’s an internal tool or an outward-facing product, we take pride in our craft from insight to application.
Why should you join us?
We have a high ambition for ourselves and our customers. Our problems are complex but our solutions are simple and have a tangible impact. We’re autonomous, define our own future, and make waves along the way. If you aspire to excellence and thrive in a team, we want to talk with you.
- You care about people and understand the importance of their development.
- You are experienced in managing designers, preferably in a Matrix organisation.
- You are well-versed in interviewing and hiring designers of all levels.
- You are seasoned at designing and shipping high-quality digital products at scale.
- You are a collaborator and self-starter who champions the importance of the relationship between design, engineering, data and product.
About your role
- Facilitating personal growth of your team by mentoring, leading constructive critiques, 1-2-1’s, performance reviews and improving ways our designers share knowledge.
- Championing a culture of excellence as we scale the organisation and the function.
- Empowering others to utilise problem-solving techniques to decode business challenges.
- Advocating the value of Design across the business.
- Promoting the work of the team in both internal and external communications.
- Passionate about Diversity and Inclusion with an understanding of the positive impact building diverse & inclusive teams has on the business.
- Working closely with the Talent function to source and hire the best design talent.
- Helping to reduce business costs with careful budgeting of tools and resources while ensuring your team has what they need to deliver.
- Comfortable stepping away from day-to-day design when needed, and spending more time-solving problems for your designers and the business.
- Working closely with other functions to understand pain points that design could help solve.
Who we are
GoCardless is growing fast and we’re looking for the best designers out there to help build our products.
With the world embracing digital payments, we believe we are in the perfect position to take our business and our merchants to the next level.
In just over ten years, we’ve grown from a start-up to a thriving scale-up, processing more than $20bn a year, for over 55,000 businesses in more than 30 countries. Our API powers recurring payments for companies like Twitch, TripAdvisor, The Guardian, Bulb and the UK Government. It also enables partners like Xero and Quickbooks to help save time for small businesses.
With our fully realised global network, growing suite of intelligence products, and our Open Banking ambitions, the future promises to be challenging, exciting, and full of opportunities.
Join our team and help redefine payments.
What we believe
We have strong values that underpin the core of what we do, and who we are.
Start with why
We believe that you can only do a job properly if you know why you are doing it. We listen, empathise, and understand, before taking any action. We are clear on our goals and measure along the way.
Act with integrity
When faced with a difficult choice, we always do the right thing - even if no one is watching. We treat others fairly, customer or colleague, and never take advantage. Honesty is at the heart of everything we do.
We act without ego and don’t let excuses obscure our path. We take responsibility and seek critical opinions for our own growth.
We focus on the details and strive for mastery of our craft. Starting small and iterating often, we build for our customers and thrive from their success.
Want to apply?
Please include your CV and a link to your portfolio, and tell us about an exciting project you’ve worked on recently and the impact achieved.
Due to receiving a large number of submissions, we will only proceed with a small number of applicants. Successful or not you will receive a response from us within 7 days of your application. Thank you for your interest in working at GoCardless, and we wish you the best of luck with your application!