XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Scrum Master to support an Intelligence customer focused on securing our national interests, and protecting our nations sensitive equities.
- Prepare for and facilitate daily scrum meetings, biweekly sprint planning, review, retrospective, backlog grooming meetings, and planning poker sessions for multiple (2- 3) technical teams
- Facilitate and prepare for external end-of-sprint demonstrations
- Create, maintain, and organize backlog of features, epics, stories, and tasks in JIRA
- Provide input to release planning using team capacity and skill set information
- Compile, analyze, and present statistics about time estimation accuracy, team velocity, and burndown rate to manage each sprint
- Meet with product owners and operational business managers for selected modules to introduce scrum and program processes and outline expectations
- Identify common issues across teams (e.g. communication, UI consistency) and lead the implementation of new solutions
- Communicate team progress and dependencies with other team leads during scrum of scrums
- Interface with business, test, and user support teams to receive requirements information and forward updates on feature progress
- Review and provide feedback on drafted user stories and epics to ensure alignment with general Agile user story standards
- Create general Agile graphics and PMO with executive briefings
- Be an advocate for the Agile and Scrum methodology
- Requires current Top Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or similar
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or experience on an Agile/Scrum team
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through; interest in and affinity to create new projects and see them through to completion
- Experience with implementing scrum for large scale, complex systems
- Experience using Agile backlog management tool(s), preferably JIRA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and creativity skills, able to maintain composure in a chaotic environment and promote a sensible and logical approach to issues
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well in a mixed team of government personnel and other contractors
- Able to work collaboratively with business analysts, developers, and testers and understand each trade and skillset
- Experience with full software development lifecycle (business process, requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, training) a plus
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.