Senior Growth Marketing Manager
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Are you interested in joining a fast-paced content marketing team to help us rapidly grow the audience for our blog, podcast, books, guides and other content? Would you welcome the opportunity to work with a talented team of writers and editors who are publishing high quality content for customer support, marketing and sales professionals.
Then this is the job for you.
We’ve been publishing our award-winning Inside Intercom blog for nearly a decade and it’s home to over 1,000 evergreen articles covering everything from best practices in customer support to thought leadership on building software products. Every week the Inside Intercom podcast features some of the most interesting and inspiring guests talking about those same topics. And our gated content - books, guides, and reports - have been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times and are a valuable source of leads for Intercom. You’ll get the chance to partner with the team of editors and content marketing managers who produce all that content, in an effort to get even more eyeballs and ears on it.
While SEO is going to be one of your primary tools, you’ll use a variety of marketing tactics to grow our audience. You’ll be as comfortable doing some light editing and writing as you will be getting to grips with HTML or debugging an email campaign in Marketo.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Develop and implement a strategy for growing traffic to all of Intercom's editorial properties i.e. our blog, newsletter, books, and podcast.
- Ensure that SEO is baked into our process of content creation – from identifying gaps in our coverage to ensuring our archive of articles is optimized for search traffic.
- Identify suitable partners to work with on content that moves the needle for both parties.
- Create and own the process for identifying high value keywords for Intercom and advising on how we can optimize our content to rank for them.
- Identify and prioritize the most impactful growth metrics for your work and regularly report on them to the rest of the business.
- Identify technical SEO issues and brief relevant teams who can fix them.
- Partner with colleagues across marketing to help optimize our integrated campaigns.
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have at least 5+ years experience as an SEO Manager, Content Marketer, Growth Marketer, or similar role, ideally in a B2B environment. You've organically grown online publications before and know what needs to be done.
- You have a strong knowledge of SEO best practices.
- You’re excellent at stakeholder management. You enjoy being part of a team but you’re also confident working independently.
- Strong writing and communications skills (if you've been professionally published even better).
- You are a pro at Google Analytics and comfortable with other analytics tools (Tableau or Heap would be a distinct advantage).
- You have experience and are comfortable with SEO tools (e.g. Google Search Console, SEMRush, AHREFS, Screaming Frog, MOZ), email marketing (e.g. Marketo), and publishing platforms (e.g. WordPress).
- Proof of eligibility to work in Ireland.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.