Product Designer (UX/UI)
The core focus of the Product Designer (UX/UI) is to craft useful, usable and desirable product experiences. The PD (UX/UI) has the skills to take a problem from its definition phase, through to concepts, and deliver a final interface & experience that is development ready.
Role objectives include:
- Solving problems our customers face by using design thinking
- Participate in, and transform the collected research into actionable insights
- Build visual wireframes and prototypes to test, learn & iterate forward
- Contribute to our Design System in building out components
- Strong collaboration with product managers and engineers & co designers for a quality implementation
- Create clean design specs for development handover
- Assist in small product marketing needs
- Become a thought leader by championing the power of design thinking
- Be highly collaborative by advocating user centred design principles that meets the needs of product, development and the business
- Understanding of personas, their needs & drivers
- Strong understanding of interface & interaction design best practices
- Understand how to operate in an environment that is fast-paced, can have competing demands and have the ability to adapt to deadlines
- Have strong time management skills: the ability to juggle priorities and deadlines
- Understand and have empathy for different perspectives and ideas and be flexible enough to consider different ways of doing things
- Have an open communication style (people trust you)
- A proven track record of building successful interfaces for web platforms
Extras we look for in our teammates
- Understand and communicate feedback and critique in a positive manner
- Take initiative and being resourceful
- Provide thoughtful approaches to problem solving and relationship building
- Contribute to the team strategies with your opinions
- Showcase the value of design, and the positive impacts that can be made through the iterative design process
- Self-motivated to seek improvement and progression
- Create an environment where all members feel safe and welcome to contribute
We are a values-based company, and our 4 core values are the basis for how we work and what we do every day. Being a part of the Learnosity team means that you’ll get to join us in living out these values:
- We live to learn
- We aim higher
- We do the right thing
- Our success is better shared
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new techniques, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the industry.
We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programmes, and will sponsor certification exams where appropriate. Our team is on the cutting edge of web development and we want it to stay there.
We are keen to try and maximise the value of your time and will design a schedule around your preferred working style, whether you need to accommodate a school or day care run, avoid busy commute periods, a gym or sports club schedule, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Our benefits package includes:
- Your own Annual Learning Budget
- Flexible work practices
- Generous paid parental leave
- Team social budgets
- Career support
This is a full-time role where you’ll be working with a diverse team in a great office based in Sydney. Currently most of the workforce is fully remote, and this position will be hired remotely. Our return to office policy is being updated as government guidelines change.
Learnosity is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals. We believe a diverse workforce will enhance our ability to fulfil our mission of advancing education and ed-tech in general.
Find out more about your career at Learnosity at learnosity.com/careers/