Product Manager - Mobile and Web Channels
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
This is a new role that forms part of the Ecommerce product team that underpins Ocado Technology's product focus, bridging technical and business worlds to translate business needs into great products and solutions for our clients.
Sitting within the Platform department, you will be responsible for our product strategy at a channel level. Within Ecommerce we have 4 vertical departments - Product Discovery, Customer, Payments and Checkout - and the Platform department which works alongside the verticals. As Product Manager, you will ensure that we have a coherent and comprehensive view of the shopper and retailer experience in our two main channels (web and mobile apps).
We are looking for a strategic product manager with ecommerce experience to develop our mid- to long-term product direction as well as take ownership of tactical issues spanning the customer journey.
What you will be doing:
- Leading product thinking for channel level strategy, establishing alignment and being the voice of the channel within Ecommerce and Technology
- Creating a strong sense of purpose and mission for each individual channel whilst evangelising shopper and retailer needs in a compelling way to a variety of audiences
- Developing a deep understanding of channel characteristics, understanding the business landscape, technology opportunities, the retailers and their needs and how to translate this into solutions
- Collaborating with Solutions (Product Marketing, Product Managers and Solutions Managers) and UX Research to keep up to date with market trends and opportunities and has a strong knowledge of related external/competitor products
- Proactively sharing your product knowledge, insight and tools with others within Ocado Technology
- Innovating to generate value, with a short, medium and long-term view
- Forming close working relationships with peers and key stakeholders, creating an environment of open collaboration - with a key focus on collaborating effectively with senior stakeholders across the business
We would like to hear from you if you have...
- Product management experience defining strategy in ecommerce
- You have a track record influencing multiple stakeholders without direct authority and handling competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You are highly capable formulating and communicating product strategy, whether to your team or senior stakeholders
- You are assertive but diplomatic and have a bias for action, collaboration and optimism
What we can offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.