Brooklyn, NY (Rent the Runway HQ)
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Team:
As a Product Design Team owns the end-to-end design process on complex projects that provide users with innovative ways to access the shared RTR closet and take part in the circular fashion economy.
About the Job:
You’re a great candidate if you enjoy being the voice of the user–using customer research, data, and best practices to inform your decisions–while thinking holistically about the impact of your work on both the customer journey and our business.
While a high level of autonomy and self-starting is crucial to success, so is the ability to collaborate with peers and cross-functional partners, including product managers, engineers, UX writers, researchers, and fellow product designers. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize will make you successful in our results-oriented culture, as will the ability to perform under pressure, act with professionalism and maturity, and seamlessly manage multiple initiatives while bringing energy and creativity to work each day.
What You'll Do:
- Design features for both our native iOS app and responsive website
- Own the end-to-end design process from the initial project brief to launch
- Work from lo-fi to hi-fi, using simple wireframes and flow diagrams to communicate big ideas and gain consensus, and hi-fi designs to handoff to engineers.
- Interface and collaborate with cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers, UX writers, data scientists, and customer researchers
- Work with cross-functional teams to define project objectives, identify the data, user research, and business inputs needed to inform your designs, and discuss solutions
- Set up and run usability tests
- Present concepts, strategies, and designs to teams and stakeholders, clearly articulating project solutions and design decisions
- You have a bachelor’s degree, plus 4+ years of Product Design experience
- You have proven experience designing complex features and flows
- You deliver creative, strategic design solutions that ladder back to user and business goals
- You have experience in or an understanding of the range of UX design activities, from user research and strategy to interaction design
- You have strong visual design sensibilities, with either the ability or desire to deliver final visual designs
- You understand how to conduct user testing and research with sound methodology
- You can easily communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure, and enjoy taking accountability for and ownership over your work
- You are comfortable presenting to and receiving feedback from your peers and stakeholders
- You have experience working in cross-functional teams
- You understand the unique requirements of iOS, Android, and responsive web designs
- You are proficient in Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD (we use Figma)
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.