Product Manager - Fulfillment
London, Greater London, UK
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
As a Product Manager you will be working with an Engineering team within Technology, providing clarity of business requirements across CFCs and acting as a bridge between the technical and business worlds. You will directly partner with an Engineering Team Lead, to be a key go-to person within a specific product area, sharing responsibility for product realisation to deliver great products and solutions for our clients and stakeholders.
The team you will be working in is the OSP (Ocado Smart Platform) Decant team in our wider OSP CFC Inbound & Freezer department. This team form a crucial link in ensuring we have accurate and timely stock in our OSP CFCs to minimise waste and shortages. The team work alongside the hardware to ensure we have an excellent user experience as well as driving towards core business KPIs.
What you will be doing;
Leading & Influencing
- Partnering with Engineering Team Lead(s) to create a strong sense of purpose and mission for the development team
- Acting as the go-to person for the particular product area
- Evangelising customer needs in a compelling way to department and engineering teams
- Making effective decisions with a clear rationale, using appropriate tools for the scenario
- Championing the product vision & ensures the plan is in line with vision and goals and continues to be fit for purpose throughout roadmap delivery
- Engaging stakeholders effectively to gather user feedback to continuously refine the product roadmap
- Defining scope & prioritises stories to maximise business value
- Understanding and measuring the key business drivers for their product domain and assess how new capabilities impact upon them
Planning, Delivery & Validation
- Sharing accountability with the Engineering Team Lead to drive the team towards realising defined goals
- Applying fit-for-purpose agile processes, escalating and removing obstacles in workflow wherever required
- Maintaining a list of work to be done and its order of priority for delivery purposes at an appropriate level of granularity
- Managing expectations within Technology for the rate of delivery required to achieve our platform goals
We would like to hear from you if you have...
- Experience with managing products built by engineering teams
- Knowledge of working with multiple functional areas, including product management, engineering, UX/UI
- Proven ability to plan, manage, track and deliver on commitments
- Ability to work in a team effectively and / or work autonomously
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale
What we can offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.