Product Design Intern
The Product Design team at Addepar is looking for a product design intern to come work with us and take part in transforming how financial advisors understand and communicate their clients’ data. In an industry plagued by complicated software, Addepar is distinguished by a relentless pursuit of clean and simple user experiences.
As a full-time product design intern, you will be tasked to work on meaningful projects in user-facing areas and mentored by a product design lead in the product development lifecycle. You will participate in brainstorming sessions, stakeholder meetings, user research, and design production. Our cross-disciplinary environment will provide a unique opportunity to learn from designers, product managers, content strategists, and engineers to design impactful solutions to challenging problems from conception through validation. You will walk away with a completed portfolio piece and experience working in a fintech startup.
This paid internship will be a remote position during a 3 - 4 month period for Spring/Summer 2021 depending on your availability.
Intern Program Dates: May 24 - Aug 13, 2021
- Research, design, and iterate on new features and improvements to our products and services.
- Collaborate closely with product, content strategy, and engineering on requirements development, feature definition, and implementation.
- Deliver design mocks, prototype, and assets.
- Clearly articulate and document your design decisions and rationales.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers and cross-disciplinary partners.
- Currently pursuing or recent graduate of a degree or intensive in design, human-computer interaction, computer science, or related field.
- A solid portfolio demonstrating product thinking, visual, and interaction design work.
- A passion for using data and user research to inform design decisions and solve problems that matter.
- Strong, clean visual design sense.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and visual).
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, etc.).
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.