San Francisco (SF), Lenexa (KS) or Remote (Anywhere, US)
RiskIQ is the leader in attack surface management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 75 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk and take action to protect the business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners and MassMutual Ventures. We are looking for a UX Designer to join our team.
We are looking for a UX Designer to join our team in either San Francisco (CA), Lenexa (KS) or remotely (Anywhere, US).
At RiskIQ, we are on a mission to revolutionize Cyber Security investigation and research. Our team is diverse, fast-moving, high-performing, and our work directly impacts the health of the global economy. Our employees enjoy a culture built on innovation and a commitment to creating best-in-class applications. We hire exceptionally smart, analytical, and hard-working people who are lifelong learners.
We're hiring a UX Designer to be part of a small team designing compelling products. To succeed in this role, you'll need a strong design background with a solid understanding of UX design and research methodology.
Your responsibilities will include
- Delivery of high-quality well-thought UX designs backed by our 'internet scale datasets (i.e., extremely super large datasets).
- Exploring the many different facets of UX design. Taking products through research, ideation, testing, delivery and iteration.
- Being part of a team designing and delivering data-driven products for our customers.
- Working closely with an agile team of developers, product managers, and business stakeholders to deliver the best possible user experience.
- Performing user research, conducting tests, and designing interactive experiences.
- Developing (or learning how to develop) interactive prototypes for client and internal demos and tests.
- A passion for design and good UX
- Experience sharing and communicating your designs
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
- The capacity to act autonomously and are a self-starter
- 1-5 years of UX / UI design experience.
- An in-depth understanding of a range of UX methodologies
- Proficiency with UX/UI design and prototyping software such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Zeplin, Axure, Invision, etc.
- Communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing (in English).
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills to manage multiple projects and tasks effectively
- Experience conducting user interviews, evaluating & presenting results
- Past experience creating surveys, unmoderated testing, and competitor reviews
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the dark underbelly of the Internet. RiskIQ’s ability to help organizations map and monitor their attack surface, detect internet-scale threats, and investigate adversaries led to skyrocketing adoption by security teams around the world. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We’re a company on the forefront of a burgeoning industry - RiskIQ experienced explosive growth in 2018, including a 362.5 percent increase in net new product sales due to the steady adoption of attack surface management across the world. We also experienced a 365 percent increase in registration for RiskIQ community, our freemium entry-level product, showing the increasing role of security outside the firewall to the growth of businesses.
- Top Leadership - Our CEO is a renowned cybersecurity veteran known for his expertise. Our leadership group is poised and experienced with a track record in technology and cybersecurity.
- Unbounded opportunity - We’re growing! At RiskIQ, you’ll be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle—new career development opportunities constantly arise given our rate of growth.
- Flexibility - You’ll have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.