Senior Product Manager, Pricing Calculations
Wayfair's Pricing Product Management team is seeking a sharp, data driven product manager to join their ‘Pricing Inputs’ team. This product manager will work closely with engineering and business teams to build and improve our pricing inputs tools. ‘Pricing Inputs’ is responsible for gathering the data which make up the cost of a product (shipping estimates, wholesale, returns estimates, etc) and applying a dynamic set of rules to calculate the ultimate price our customers see. Due to our scale - small inaccuracies in costs - have a large impact on our profit - increasing the urgency and visibility of this role. This impact also drives us to continuously innovate to make these inputs better and better. Our team are the masters of the underlying economics which drive customer price evaluation - from elasticity of demand to competitor pricing pressure. This role is ideal for someone who's both business and tech-savvy and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This candidate must be proficient in navigating the multitude of good ideas and helping the business to pick and execute on only the best ones.
What you’ll do
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify and develop key requirements for strategic initiatives and build the business requirements to execute on them.
- Measure, evaluate and report on the team's success towards key initiatives.
- Conduct big data analysis using internal analytical and BI tools.
- Understand complex business problems and be able to articulate the value derived from solving them.
- Prioritize work among many competing goals to execute on highest value business objectives and be able to back up these decisions with data.
- Present findings with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy and technology projects
- Track, diagnose, and resolve system issues alongside engineers and analysts. Document and understand root causes and build solutions not bandaids.
- Wrangle data from multiple sources including sales, inventory, product, and customer systems to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
What we’re seeking:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Product Manager. Comparable roles in business analysis and consulting considered but some PM baseline required.
- Leader with the proven ability to manage and mentor a team of product managers and analysts.
- Bias for action and ability to work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Passionate about solving complex business problems
- Superior communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level; demonstrated experience driving success in a highly cross-functional environment.
- You possess an affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- Degree in Engineering, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- SQL experience is a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.