Senior Product Designer - Engagement Intelligence
London, United Kingdom
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Product Designer to lead the design of customer experiences for our Engagement Intelligence Platform - an industry-leading platform to transcribe, categorize and extract meaning from conversational data. In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to discover, define, and design the experience of our platform that is used by marketers to engage their customers. The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a partner to our UX team members in upholding our standards, and a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision making, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrates strong technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and is proficient in running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
- 6+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Information Management, Psychology, or Anthropology.
As a Product Designer on the Engagement Intelligence team, you will live our Twilio Values, and be able to:
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Engage with our customers to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- Be an Owner:: Own and advance the vision for Twilio’s Marketing & Growth Platform. Take personal accountability for achievement of goals and results, and coach members to ensure goals are met.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Work closely with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to solve the most important customer problems effectively and efficiently. Break down complex problems, write and test hypotheses, craft success measures, and thoughtfully iterate from “minimal lovable” to mature, best-in-class product experiences.
- Empower Others + Don’t Settle: Collaborate with and mentor other Product Designers, providing accurate, constructive, and motivating guidance that helps improve their skills, and the outcome of their work. Lead Design Critiques that ensure consistency across Twilio products and uplevel our standards. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- No Shenanigans + Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the world’s communications. Customer conversations are one of the most informative indicators of a product and business’ health. They cover every time a customer was delighted, frustrated, buying more, closing their account, needing help, etc. But usually those conversations are trapped away in a black box, analyzed only by listening to them one by one, or with basic keyword search capabilities.
The Twilio Engagement Intelligence team is building a platform that uses machine learning to transcribe, categorise, and extract meaning out of customer conversations so companies can evaluate every one of them and build workflows that automate actions, like prioritizing high value leads to follow up on or identifying customers likely to churn. Our goal is to help companies power more effective business processes and better customer engagement, by understanding the meaning in every conversation.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our London office. We are a team that believes in remote working and remote-friendly practices, and we are distributed across three continents. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.