Product Designer/ Sr. Product Designer, Growth
Redwood City, CA; Austin, TX; Bothell, WA; San Diego, CA; Santiago, Chile; Remote
About the team
The Evernote Design team is the creative collective responsible for producing a seamless and delightful user experience, from sign-up to the thousandth note. We work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to define and deliver product experiences that enhance people’s lives at work and at play.
Why growth design is special
Growth is an exciting and emergent field. We’d be lying if we said we fully understood it ourselves… but then again, that is just the thing. To be truly successful at it, you have to be willing to admit you don’t know. You have to want to keep learning. Growth experimentation is an alchemical process that calls upon art, psychology, reason, the scientific method, and on some occasions a little luck and magic doesn’t hurt either. Relentless creativity and cheerful optimism will take you far. One of our designers wrote a great post about it. Give it a read! The Product Designer's Guide to Growth.
What you'll do
As a Product Designer on the Growth Experiments team, you will work with an incredible group of designers, developers, product managers, and data analysts to identify and execute on a wide range of strategic tactics for getting people more engaged with Evernote. You will craft memorable onboarding experiences, optimize monetization flows, and reimagine the UX of pivotal moments in a customer's journey. Together, we will design tons of growth experiments, and we will move numbers.
- Be the voice in the room that always puts the user first—constantly looking for ways to accomplish business objectives through experiences that are delightful and meaningful for real people.
- Carry ideas from inception through development and multiple rounds of iteration.
- Define and execute A/B tests and multivariate experiment designs, flowcharts, prototypes, UI mockups, technical specs, and production assets.
- Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into creative ideas and informed design decisions.
- Drive a high level of visual fidelity across products.
- Provide and solicit actionable feedback to move designs forward.
- Balance a large volume of design initiatives at high velocity and keep your head straight.
- Learn. All the time, every day.
What you've done
- Experience designing engaging user experiences for both web and native apps.
- Proficiency in user-centered design thinking methodologies and rapid iterative experimentation.
- Experience with prototype designs in lo- and hi-fidelity, and know when to do which.
- A proven track-record for shipping high quality experiences.
- 2+ years of relevant product experience.
- B.A., B.S. or M.A. in design, HCI, or equivalent experience.
Who you are
- Able to learn quickly and recognize on a deep level that everything is changeable and everything can be better (possess a growth mindset)
- Able to formulate and present an evidence-based point of view that supports your design decisions.
- Unafraid to debate and share your point of view while being receptive to others.
- Eager to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Highly visual with passion for UI design and typography.
- A ninja. We're not just being cute here. To succeed in this role you must be quick, clever, resourceful, nimble, focused, and above all, 100% committed to the mission.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.