Product Manager- Integrations
London, England, United Kingdom
We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020.
At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
Overview of the Product team
We believe that product management is critical to Zego’s future success, so we’re building a team where product managers have the opportunity to learn, contribute and take exciting calculated risks. We’re doing this by ensuring that product strategy underpins everything that we do, and that our Product Managers are empowered to make decisions, in collaboration with the engineering team and other stakeholders.
Working in an Agile environment, our team helps to scope and build scalable complex systems, from consumer-facing products to internal tooling. As we move forward, we are looking to embed data-driven and problem-obsessed domain expertise into everything that we do, ensuring that product-based thinking is central to Zego’s decision making.
Purpose of the role
The integrations team sit within our platform product area and are responsible for ensuring that our integrations can effectively support us as we scale rapidly in 2021 and beyond. This exciting role will focus on partnership APIs, integrations with third party services, and more. You would be working closely alongside the engineering and commercial teams to scope and build scalable solutions that meet regulatory needs. This role will report into our Head of Platform Products, and will work closely with them to define a vision for this area of the business.
What you will be working on
- You will work closely with commercial and engineering teams to identify and develop new product opportunities that enhance and expand Zego’s integrations capabilities
- You will focus on the development of Zego’s APIs and webhooks, working to encapsulate the complexity of the insurance domain into a set of well-defined integrations, and providing opportunities for the business, our customers and third parties.
- You will leverage your insight of product development to collaborate with product, service design and engineering teams, to ensure that we can provide scalable solutions for Zego as it grows
- You will represent your stakeholders and play a critical role in re-aligning initiatives and plans to meet their immediate and future needs
- You will fully own the product backlog and product best-practices in your domain and utilise data to inform and solve complex problems
What you will need to be successful
- You have worked in innovative product teams, with an understanding of what it means to be developing a platform for an international business
- You are a technically savvy Product Manager, and are able to lead conversations with engineering teams and data experts
- You will have worked in a similar role, and will be familiar with APIs and other integrations
- You are analytical and structured in your approach
- You have worked within an agile Product team
- You demonstrate value through building data-driven products. You are able to draw extensive insights from qualitative and quantitative data
What it's like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.