Product Owner, Salesforce
San Francisco, California, United States
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae is seeking an experienced Product Owner as part of the Enterprise IT team. The Product Owner is responsible for the overall functional requirements of Salesforce to orchestrate business processes across the enterprise, including Marketing, Sales, and Service processes. The Product Owner is also responsible for identifying areas of transformation and standardization, ultimately generating value on the Salesforce platform.
The Product Owner will combine knowledge of Salesforce.com (Sales Cloud including Partner Communities, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud preferred) and strategic thought leadership to analyze current business processes, suggest improvements, and be a catalyst for the implementation of new functionality. They will work cross-functionally and with multiple levels of the organization to ensure timely, high quality design of end-to-end solutions. The successful candidate will be passionate about Invitae’s mission, have a strong sense of urgency, and have a deep understanding of the Salesforce platform and capabilities.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with multiple levels of the sales, marketing, and client operations organizations to understand current business issues and pain points
- Lead requirement and design sessions with business partners. Design and implement business solutions to satisfy functional and non-functional requirements while ensuring quality, scalability and timely delivery.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand current business processes, identify gaps between current processes and enterprise processes, and define solutions to address gaps
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile inconsistency and break down high-level information into details
- Document Epics, Features, and User Stories based on business requirements; capture associated business value for prioritization and success criteria.
- Assist in designing the data and solution architecture to support business processes
- Document acceptance criteria and testing requirements for positive, negative and regression testing for user stories.
- Create and maintain project deliverables to ensure business processes, use cases, business requirements, functional designs, test plans, etc. are thoroughly and consistently documented using standard templates and centralized repository
- Work with technical team to transform new requirements into Salesforce.com design and implementation
- Support prioritization of user stories across multiple business processes and stakeholders
- Support QA Leader to execute testing activities for use cases, including defect resolution (tracking, triage, resolve, re-test)
- Create status reports and executive presentations for leadership
- Provide content for end user training design, documentation and delivery efforts
- Maintain an understanding of the Invitae Salesforce.com platform and functional components, including functional data model, integration between components and impacts of process and functional designs with upstream and downstream processes.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of business analysis/Product Owner experience within a professional services, sales or customer support operations role
- 2+ years of Salesforce hands-on experience, preferably in Sales Cloud, Service Cloud or Marketing Cloud
- 2+ years of experience working closely with Salesforce Developers, assisting in design and development recommendations
- Experience defining business requirements, writing Epics/Features/User Stories, creating functional designs and process documentation
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies, inclusive of Jira Atlassian toolsets to manage backlog (Epics, Features, Stories)
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed business environment
- Ability to work during Pacific Time Zone
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed business environment
- Preferred: Salesforce Certified Administrator certification (and other Salesforce.com certifications)
- Preferred: Industry experience in Bioinformatics, Life Sciences, or Healthcare in general
- Preferred: Experience in a Scaled Agile (SAFe) environment
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.