Senior Design Researcher
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to understand the needs of people who use these products in order to provide them with a cheaper, easier and faster experience.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing
- You’ll build our understanding of cross-currency needs among our key markets and users in order to ensure we are focused on solving the right things for customers
- You’ll ensure that we build things the right way and support teams to evaluate their solutions for customer problems
- You’ll be one of the loudest voices for the customer - helping to talk about problems, needs and ideas in a way that creates real impact for our customers
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Be part of a team - you’ll be embedded in a team where you can drive the direction and deliver the most impact. This means you can go deep and tackle the real customer problems while working side-by-side with product design, copy, engineering, and PMs
- Choose your path to impact - you’ll work with your team to autonomously create a vision of your own. You’ll have the freedom to make your own calls about how best to support customer needs and reach mission zero
- Grow the research practice - The research team at Wise is growing and you will be part of helping establish how we conduct research at a global scale
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal!
- You have experience with both generative and evaluative research methods and are comfortable independently initiating, running and communicating research
- You’re a fantastic communicator and have top-notch presentation skills, especially when it comes to sharing impactful insights
- You are able to guide the team on how to action your rich insights and understanding
- You’re able to to work with you peers to prioritize efforts effectively - and can provide a clear rationale to your decisions
- You not only advocate for the customer but for research more broadly, and have clear examples of making research an integral part of building products
- You’re able to work autonomously, as well as collaboratively within a team - whether that be your product team, a wider research team, or design team.
Some extra skills that would be great:
- You might have worked in the fin tech space before or have a background in finance.
The closing date for this job will be Sunday 11th April 2021 and we will be reviewing applications WB12/4.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.