Head of Product Recommendations
Wayfair is looking for a senior product leader to build our industry-leading product recommendations and personalization platform. From tens of millions of products, your platform will provide the most relevant recommendations for every customer across Wayfair’s placements (e.g., browse page grids and recommendations carousels), leveraging the wealth of data we have about our customers and our catalog. Your platform will also be the glue that holds together our two-sided marketplace, optimizing exposure to maximize customer and business outcomes. Your work will help unlock the next wave of growth for Wayfair and influence millions of active customers.
The Head of Product Recommendations will own several core workstreams:
- Sorts: You will own the sorts on product grids across the site (e.g., browse pages), optimizing exposure for all of our categories, stores, and geographies. You will work with a mix of teams across the organization (e.g., data science, pricing, category management, and supply chain) to develop cutting-edge reinforcement learning and multi-objective optimization algorithms to balance customer and business objectives.
- Carousels: You will develop product carousels and multi-category product recommendations to drive cross-sell and discovery via our product pages, our e-mail program, and other placements.
- Personalization: You will build the technology to enable all of our placements to be 1-1 personalized, leveraging near term data and preferences (e.g., style) so that the site feels more like a VIP concierge for every customer.
You will lead a growing team of product managers and analysts to define and execute the product strategy, testing agenda, and roadmap for product recommendations. You will own the overarching vision, driving product prioritization, requirement creation, and execution of product development with Data Science and Engineering teams. This role is highly strategic, requiring close partnership with many internal stakeholders including marketing, storefront experience, data science, engineering, pricing and profitability, and others.
This role presents significant technical, analytical, and leadership opportunities with enormous potential for business impact. Successful candidates will be an equal mix of Product Manager and Operator/GM, entrepreneurial, and creative problem solvers who are able to lead and grow high-performing cross functional teams that bring their vision to reality. They’ll also be able to dive deep into the technical details of their platform while simultaneously defining and communicating front-line vision as a key leader within our organization.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with senior leaders to define and align business and product vision and strategy for recommendations and personalization at Wayfair
- Develop and maintain a product platform roadmap and regularly update to key partners and stakeholders
- Deliver value through a mix of growth hacking and longer term big swings, building platforms that enable us to iterate quickly
- Lead, develop, and mentor a growing team of product managers and associates (across all levels of seniority) and partner with engineering, analytics, and data science leadership to continually evolve their organizations for growth
- Lead cross-functional teams in planning, prioritization, and product delivery including data science, engineering, site merchandising, storefront experience, marketing, pricing and profitability, and category management
- Counsel leaders in business, operations and other departments on strategy, optimization, process definition, and execution
- Define and measure business impact, and monitor performance of initiatives and communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years’ Product Management experience, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience (and/or candidates who have started new products/initiatives within large companies).
- 5+ years’ experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans.
- Strong technical background, preferably in large volume, scalable web services. Experience with real-time data science model evaluation a plus
- Ad tech experience helpful, but not required.
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.