Product Analyst - Store Pick
Sofia, Sofia City, Bulgaria
Ocado Technology is the biggest online only supermarket. We excel in delivering groceries from our highly automated warehouses to our customers’ homes. Using our expertise we are building OSP (Ocado Smart Platform) in order to enable other retailers across the globe to do grocery deliveries as efficiently as possible. More than 130 people work in our Sofia office and we continue to grow.
About the product:
StorePick is an end-to-end solution that enables retail grocery stores to fulfil online orders by utilising pickers, who manually collect and load orders into delivery vans. A dedicated Android app guides pickers along the way and a web dashboard helps store managers to understand and control online order volumes. We use tons of data to try to continuously improve our product. We capture, stream and carefully analyse it. This role will help us further organise data and gain deeper insights into retailers by tracking even more information, harvesting new data sources and devising clever ways of identifying bottlenecks and areas for improvements.
Responsibilities within the team:
As a member of the Product team you’ll perform sophisticated analyses in support of feature design and development, evaluating the efficacy of new features and working with development teams to ensure that the necessary data is being produced so that these analyses can be completed. You’ll work alongside a team of Product Managers to validate key decisions and determine the future of our product.
We desire to work with driven individuals that are able to constantly learn and adapt to new challenges.
- Identify, collect and analyse all key data anticipating current and future needs
- Conduct analysis and apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our customers use our product
- Maintain good quality of data - must be easy to read and analyse
- Channel the voice of the customer into the department by bringing the data to life, building empathy for our customers throughout the development community
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Clearly articulate and communicate analysis outputs to senior management
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches
- Build relationships across the business, describing insights with empathy and conviction
- Create product dashboards and automated reports that provide insight to customer behaviour
- Work with the developers to ensure that we are capturing the correct data in an easily accessible way to enable future analysis of customer behaviour.
- You will be helping to answer questions like:
- How can we improve the efficacy of our product?
- Do we track the right KPIs to answer the above?
- How has this new feature impacted our KPIs?
- Should we continue to develop this feature or invest somewhere else?
Knowledge and skills we are looking for:
- Strong academic background
- SQL, Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Data modelling and query optimisation
- Window functions, aggregation, partition tables, Big data
- Data processing, ETL
- Data driven / knows the importance of data to run a successful business
- BigQuery, Redshift, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Hadoop, Spark
- Ability to chart and visualise data; experience with data visualisation tools
In return we can offer you:
- Great renumeration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology!
Come and find out more about us at one of our Tech events.
We are waiting for your CV!