Head of UX
New York or Remote
- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
Head of UX Design at 1010data focuses on delivering outstanding experiences that are modern, intuitive, and inclusive of the many workflows of 1010data’s diverse community. The Head of UX will guide the UX strategy as part of the product development team. By working closely with researchers, product owners, engineers, and other members of a product team, the Head of UX has ownership over the entire design process, from problem definition through iteration to production and beyond and provide UX oversight across multiple product lines. Further the role is responsible for creating standards and libraries to accelerate UX development while maintaining high standards.
The Head of UX will have extensive experience and knowledge of both the human-centered design process and of 1010data's products and industry. They've honed their craft and skill by consistently delivering high-quality solutions to complex problems, influencing product strategy and ensuring high degrees of consistency both across their product and all of end-user touchpoints. The Head of UX is also an expert communicator and storyteller, clearly articulating design decisions/tradeoffs and inspiring their product team.
This role is not sponsorableWhat you will take on:
- Lead the UX team including UX and graphic design (when available) managing and coaching team members and balancing work plans for specific product development as well as broader UX initiatives – future vision would include expansion of the team as product lines and company grows.
- Create the overall UX strategy building object libraries, styles, themes, and principles for UX in collaboration with product and engineering teams with feedback from UX and client stakeholders.
- Work through design problems from beginning to end, translating research insights and product requirements into elegant solutions to develop a design strategy, and then iteratively testing and developing those solutions into production-ready designs.
- Act as a cross-functional design lead, wearing hats including Research, Wireframing, prototyping and interviewing customers to test and validate holistic, branded experiences that consider the entire customer journey from the very first touchpoint.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation of user interface specifications and interaction patterns, working closely with engineering in order to ensure designs are implemented and high-quality products are delivered.
- Define best practices, style guidelines, stay up to date on recent trends in the industry and introduce team to new technologies and UX approaches to improve user experience and team efficiency.
- Look across the product lines to ensure that design patterns and branding are consistently used and identify new growth opportunities through design innovation.
- Champion human-centered design processes within your team and within 1010data broadly, supporting and contributing to departmental initiatives set forth by Chief Product Officer.
- Be a recognized thought leader outside the company frequently invited to give talks at prestigious UX events and contribute to industry publications.
- A strong and clear design aesthetic, knowing the tradeoffs of a variety of approaches, techniques, and patterns, implementing the most appropriate solution concisely.
- Exceptional ability to give high-quality, clearly communicated feedback on product ideas and design concepts coupled with an eagerness to communicate design ideas and rationale to product team members, seeking feedback and constructive criticism.
- Build consensus amongst product team members. Influence peers and mentor junior talent.
- Significant professional experience leading UX for a company or major division
- Built and tested information architectures and application interface design options
- Experience administering SUS and measuring NPS
- Understanding of the connection between UX and the need to demonstrate strong connections to differentiation as well as ROI and revenue
- Proven record evangelizing UX across the enterprise and with clients
- Ability to wear many hats ranging from tactical collaborator to strategic leader
- Retail and CPG (internal or service provider) experience strongly preferred
- Degree or significant studies / certifications in related subjects such as user experience, HFID, HCI, information science, psychology, etc.
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies’ partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.