Product Designer, Onboarding and Activation - Feature Discovery - Location Flexible
San Francisco, CA; Remote - US
Role DescriptionThe Feature Discovery squad in Onboarding & Activation is responsible for ensuring that our customers have the best overall onboarding experience. This squad works with internal feature teams to validate their features and create feature discovery moments. This squad designs and informs the creation of internal tools that manage the various onboarding experiences and feature discovery moments. This squad is responsible for scaling personalized onboarding experiences at scale as we grow into a multi-product company. You will cultivate positive relationships with partners across the organization to understand the problems internal teams face as they advocate to drive customers to their feature. You will support those teams in defining success, identifying their customer, designing a discovery moment, and consulting them on design best practices. You will design and test MVP solutions for internal teams to run self-serve onboarding and feature discover experiments. You will design, experiment with, and maintain the optimal onboarding experience by connecting the right customers to validated features and products across all SKUs — Basic, Plus, Pro, Family and Business. The impact of this role is big. The tools and processes you design will increase onboarding and feature discovery experimentation speed internally. The solutions you design will directly impact key metrics like feature engagement, activation and retention. You will be responsible for driving the quality of onboarding at feature discovery at Dropbox.
- Driving discovery and planning with you cross-functional partners on vision and roadmaps.
- Collaborating with Research, Product and Design partners to identify internal customer-centered problems.
- Leading design Sprints, brainstorms and other generative working sessions.
- Designing 0 → 1 solutions for internal teams.
- Prototyping rapidly to validate the need for, or efficacy of, a solution.
- Contribute to the short-term and long-term vision for onboarding for the core product.
- Gathering feedback and analyzing the overall efficacy of launched solutions to identify pain points and iterate.
- Managing relationships with numerous feature teams, product teams, and other parts of the organization.
- Staying in sync with, and Informing our platform teams on what needs to be build and/or scaled internally.
- Evangelizing and presenting learnings and best practices with others working on Onboarding.
- Thrives in ambiguity and prefers an entrepreneurial style of approaching work.
- Loves highly complex, fast paced challenges.
- Navigates the strategy, discovery, and design phases of the design process.
- Demonstrates divergent, generative thinking and is able to generate lots of ideas quickly.
- Uses analytical thinking and tools to set direction with clear rationale.
- Communicates iteratively through various media, from sketches to high resolution prototypes.
- Communicates clearly, and with compelling presentation and style.
- Prototypes with Figma (or similar tools like Sketch, Adobe XD, Framer, etc).
- Refines their solutions and designs through usability testing.
- Understands the basics of interaction design.
- Approaches designing a user’s journey holistically.
- Collaborates with cross functional partners frequently.
- Is comfortable with travel, potentially quarterly post-COVID.
Job tags: Adobe XD Figma Framer Prototypes Research Sketch Sketches Usability testing
Job region(s): North America Remote/Anywhere
Job stats: 5 3 0