Senior product manager
Bangalore , India
Posted 3 weeks ago
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a talented and technical Senior Product Manager for Operational Data Intelligence to join our Platform Technology organization. This is a unique opportunity for a highly-motivated Product Manager to help envision and own our Operational Intelligence capabilities from our new Bangalore office. As the first Product Manager for the Operational Intelligence team in Bangalore, you will also have an exciting opportunity to define our product and technical team culture in India. Your job is to envision and drive delivery of solutions that provide actionable intelligence from multiple mission-critical systems used by product engineering, ensuring that Twilio is the leader in trusted communications. As a successful candidate, you must have a deep background in both Product Management and Business Intelligence (or a related field). You are a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, and can collaborate effectively across the entire Twilio organization.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional individual who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in conceiving and delivering Business Intelligence solutions at company-wide scale.
- You love data and analytics!
- 5-7 years experience as a Product Manager focusing on Business Intelligence (or a related field) in a fast-paced company that delivers software.
- Led new analytics products from ideation through GA/launch in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated success in leading data products and analytics services.
- Demonstrated success in driving adoption of data products at company wide scale.
- Experience with BI tools and big data technologies.
- Experience with Cloud Services/Platforms (preferably AWS).
- Experience with Observability processes and tools.
- Possess strong business acumen--you can communicate effectively with business stakeholders.
- Possess strong technical acumen–you can code and can communicate effectively with engineers and architects.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your point of view.
- You are curious, empathetic, and have a good sense of humor.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience.
As a Product Manager for the Operational Intelligence team, you will be expected to live the Twilio Magic and:
BE AN OWNER
- Define the long-term product strategy for the Operational Intelligence team.
- Own and execute the roadmap for your products–communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum teams–assist team in planning and execution of sprints, epic and story backlog refinement, and related operating mechanisms. You will work closely with a team of Data Analysts and Data Engineers.
- Jump in and help us define the new team and culture in Bangalore
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES
- Partner with Operational leadership, Engineering teams, and other PMs to ensure they have the right information to keep their services running smoothly and ensure happy customers.
- Seek out and gather our stakeholder’s Operational Intelligence needs across the company–translate and synthesize them into actionable products/product requirements.
- Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing immediate/tangible value to engineers–learn and adjust frequently.
- Manage project plans for on-time development and release–ensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time.
DRAW THE OWL
- Accelerate learning on new products by running workshops, developer previews or betas to gather developer feedback and build a strong perspective on product priorities.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
WRITE IT DOWN
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Create detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules, flows and use cases.
The Operational Intelligence Engineering team is central to Twilio's continued growth. Our mission is to provide actionable insights from a vast number of different systems leveraged by product engineering teams to build, deliver, and operate their globally distributed services, arming them with the knowledge they need to continuously improve their quality, security, velocity, and efficiency. To do this we need to continue to develop and evolve our products and services and ensure they are able to scale; driving Twilio to new heights of scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bangalore, India. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.