Director of Product Marketing, New Products
San Francisco, CA
As the Director of Product Marketing for New Products, you will partner with product, brand and sales teams to build, launch, and grow customer-centric products and solutions in a fast-paced, high-impact environment. Your team’s mission is to create simple 0 → 1 products that meet customer needs and fuel new growth engines for Dropbox.
- Build. Deeply understand the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to our business, products and solutions, always connecting customer insights to roadmap strategy.
- Launch. Bring products to market that prove our unique value, vision and leadership by partnering with cross-functional teams to expand global customer reach and awareness. Deliver best-in-class product education and communications that bridge the gap between customer experience and product development.
- Grow. Develop messaging that demonstrates deep audience understanding to effectively sell solutions, continuing to advocate for our customers, monitoring sentiment, and providing recommendations for new opportunities.
- Establish product/market fit for new products and guide your team in developing comprehensive GTM strategies
- Employ a strategic business mindset to lead market assessments for every new opportunity based on customer insight and competitive intelligence
- Set strategic direction for new pricing and packaging approaches across bundles and standalone offerings that maximize business impact for new product introductions into our portfolio
- Become the subject-matter-expert on our target audience, creating segmentation frameworks, buyer personas, prioritizing key jobs-to-be-done for the customer
- Lean into key differentiators and value drivers of new products to drive messaging creation that resonates with each audience at various life-cycle stages
- Guide the team on activating launch programs and scaling accompanying always-on campaign strategies, partnering closely with the head of marketing
- Build a culture of strong customer centricity by grounding strategic decisions in insights and backing those up with testimonials and customer-first content initiatives
- Partner closely with sales and regional marketing leadership to set those teams up for success when leveraging your teams enablement materials
- Drive clear alignment across stakeholder partners including Product, Brand, Marketing, Sales, and more, securing the necessary resources for your team to execute effectively
- Own your role as a strong, senior product advocate internally and externally, across industry events and analyst relations
- Inspire your team with your vision, leading them to deliver best-in-class work leveraging scalable processes, frameworks, and career development resources
- 12+ years of work experience, with 6+ B2B or B2C SaaS product marketing
- 6+ years of experience building, growing and managing high performing teams
- Demonstrated experience scaling 0 → 1 products at a multi-product company
- Strong marketing competencies across strategic planning, segmentation, positioning and messaging, content creation, and storytelling
- Experience defining market requirements and assembling customer centric requirements for Product Management teams
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration experience with an ability to manage with influence
- Experience working closely with Product Management, Sales, Engineering, and Communications teams
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, visual), both for internal audiences and customer-facing messaging
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated capabilities interpreting data and qualitative research and distilling it into actionable key takeaways