Senior UX Designer
Theale, England, United Kingdom
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for an Senior UX Designer to innovate, win, and grow with us.
Bottomline is a leading global financial and security technology company (Nasdaq: EPAY), employing ~1700 people in North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia, with a 30-year history of innovation, and a strongly customer-centered culture. Every day, Bottomline makes billions of complex payments transactions simple, smart, and secure, for 600,000 businesses, in 92 countries, in award-winning fashion.
Designers at Bottomline are the vanguard of transformation for a broad portfolio of products and services, seeking excellence and innovation through design-led re-imagining of our already award-winning offerings at every stage, and across every line of business. In an ordinary day, Bottomline designers can expect to lead and collaborate on re-structuring a business process using service-design methods; empathically engage with people to tease out the structure inherent in customer landscapes; evolve our global design system to support conversational experiences; embed machine intelligence into enterprise products to simplify and automate complex workflows; and enhance end-user experiences by crafting delightful digital / hybrid interactions.
On joining Bottomline, new designers can look forward to membership in a thriving, well-respected design practice with veteran leadership, advancing the culture of design at a major public product company, and having broad impact on the business overall.
At Bottomline, we share ideas, innovate together, and support each other personally and professionally. It is through our guiding principles that we achieve our common goal of exceeding customer expectations. We do this by hiring the best talent to drive innovative solutions and a top-notch customer experience.
Our first priority is to create satisfied customers in long term business relationships. Everyone at Bottomline has a role in this. We encourage teamwork and excellence, and we respect each individual team member and intend to provide opportunities for personal achievement and growth.
We recognize our responsibility to the community at large and work to be a good corporate citizen. Within these parameters, we know that to pursue our mission, we must reflect the diversity of the people we serve.
We know that the best ideas come from diverse groups – more importantly, we want to ensure that our diversity represents that of our customers and of the 26 countries in which we have offices around the world.
We work hard to promote an inclusive and diverse culture. We offer flexible working, provide training and development for all employees and promote both the physical and mental health of our employees through health screenings and paid time off.
Most of all we foster an environment that encourages open communication among all levels of staff, by encouraging employees to lead from where they stand, regardless of their title or role.
At Bottomline, our market opportunity is tremendous, our business is sound, and the future of our dynamic industry is waiting to be shaped by savvy and talented designers - join us!
This position is based in Theale, (Reading, UK), with some flexibility for working remotely.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, participate in and independently complete design activities throughout the product and service life cycle, from building understanding and empathy, through ideation, product definition, iterative design and delivery, going-to-market, and evolution
- Draw from the full spectrum of design disciplines including interaction design, service design, design research, information architecture, visual design, content design, design strategy, etc. to improve customer experiences from end to end
- Work collaboratively with partner making disciplines such as Engineering, and Product Management on framing problems, discovering insights, crafting effective strategies, articulating strong experience-centered visions, defining concepts and prototypes, and guiding iterative development of new and existing offerings
- Participate in simultaneous efforts for a line of business or group of related product and service offerings across digital and real-world channels
- Combine design thinking, lean methods, and agile delivery practices in support of integrated delivery, continuous learning, and strategic alignment
- Undertake and advocate for user-centered approaches to exploring new capabilities such as machine / artificial intelligence, automation, and conversational experiences
- Define and communicate intended end-to-end user experiences to product development audiences and stakeholders through compelling design artifacts
- Guide and conduct learning activities that combine generative / evaluative / design research approaches in support of ongoing discovery and delivery goals
- Participate in and plan learning efforts to validate design assumptions and collect user feedback for enhancing a user experience
- Contribute to and lead the evolution of the design systems supporting Bottomline’s diverse family of products, services, and interaction touch points, across applications, form factors, and lines of business
- Exemplify professional practices for design
- Experience designing complex digital products, services, and experiences, including web-based, mobile, desktop, agentive, embedded
- Advocating and demonstrating advanced product development methods / practices
- Exceptional skills and background for design of complex business-to-business products, services, and applications
- Understanding of the user-centric design methods and processes, design thinking, and empathic lenses for problem-solving
- High proficiency with contemporary tools for expressing design guidance and illustrating intended experiences
- Strong collaboration, facilitation and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Robust work portfolio illustrating thoughtfulness and quality.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.