Senior Service Designer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Design department is a multi-disciplinary team comprising brand design, marketing design, product design, design operations, content strategy and service design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing, to product, to employee experience to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
We are looking for experienced service designers who will help us differentiate with a world-class customer experience that consistently outpaces expectations and transforms our offering from a quality product to an indispensable service that our customers love and rely on. We’re looking for those who care deeply about their customers, are able to understand complex systems of information and simplify that information for others, and will bring a strong process-oriented design methodology.
As a Service Designer at Mailchimp, you:
- Enjoy collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Love exploring the latest and greatest processes and methods
- Work to help define clear problems, hypotheses and goals based on research and data to map experiences
- Can adapt quickly and take action on insights while staying focused on results
- Are customer focused and value diverse perspectives
What you’ll do here:
- Responsible for articulating and mapping user journeys and holistic view of the experience by identifying critical touchpoints, how those touchpoints are connected, and how people experience the Mailchimp brand
- Work to identify and prioritize opportunities that will inform our experience strategy
- Balance stakeholder needs and facilitate alignment
- Responsible for ensuring the end-to-end experience meets or exceeds the needs and objectives of your customers and meets our core business objectives in a measurable way.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- An ability to autonomously explore undefined problem spaces to establish clarity and structure
- A proven track record and a passion for designing compelling user experiences; bonus if you have experience empowering small business owners
- Experience with a range of human-centered and accessible design techniques such as conceptual models, personas, user journeys, service blueprints, wireframes, and interactive prototypes to convey the expanse of a user’s experience.
- Experience navigating, coordinating, facilitating discussions between multiple lanes of business
- Experience conducting research through competitive analysis, rapid prototyping, and in-person testing and interviews with customers
- Experience working with Miro and Figma; or the ability to quickly learn these tools; bonus if you have experience working with tools like Qualtrics, Pendo, or Looker.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.