UX Designer Summer 2021 Intern
Austin, Texas, United States
Are you looking for a summer internship that will give you valuable hands-on experience in a corporate environment? WellSky is always on the lookout for talented college students and new grads who are ready to make an impact.
Our internship offers challenging work that gives you the chance to provide immediate value and is ideal for those pursuing a bachelor’s or master's degree.
The Junior US Designer intern will be working with a highly collaborative team and environment that values your input and work. As a user experience advocate, you will be working in a healthcare technology in the post-acute space. Your contributions will impact not only our clients, but end users and patients.
What you will be doing:
- Work with the team building end user validation of WellSky’s Design Language System
- Gain experience defining process and standards that will be adopted by the UX team and help transform the culture at WellSky to one that is user-centric.
- Assist teammates in performing various tasks related to UX, ranging from design and research, in parallel to our SDLC.
What you need:
- Currently in Jr. or Sr. year working toward a Bachelor’s Degree, have recently completed a UX training program, or other equivalent training certificate.
- Must have completed at least one semester of business education classes
- Basic understanding of functional design and or UX principles
- Know how to use major design tools
- Must be highly motivated and independent
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to define and articulate their design or research process
What's in it for you:
- Gain valuable experience working on cutting edge technologies
- Innovation is encouraged
- The opportunity to make a difference, not just for yourself, but for millions of people around the globe by developing software that saves lives
WellSky is a leading supplier of software and services solutions that help acute, post-acute, and human service providers improve efficiency, support business growth, and provide intelligent care to patients and people in need. WellSky is headquartered in Overland Park, KS with 1,800 teammates across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, in-home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, government agencies, and human services organizations. WellSky's software and services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve touch challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Informed by 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.