Agile Product Owner, Tasking Products
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
About the Role:
As an Agile Product Owner at Planet, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise and product vision. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire product lifecycle. This includes managing coordinating stakeholder input, product roadmap and schedules, identifying risks, and clearly communicating them to stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your analyses and recommendations to the product team as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
You will be primarily responsible for the ongoing development of our satellite imagery tasking products. Your product is the customer interface to the world’s largest fleet of earth imaging satellites! You’ll be responsible for feeding product requirements into the development of our tasking systems and gathering feedback from all stakeholders to ensure the product meets expectations and real business needs. You will be the expert in improving our overall tasking workflows, and build tools to help us serve customer needs more effectively and seamlessly.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Cultivate and execute a roadmap to achieve near real time high resolution tasking for customers and in service of other Planet products
- Work closely with our tasking customers to clearly understand their needs and pain-points, and build velocity within the development team
- Work closely with product managers to understand the product strategy and where tasking could better serve other product lines
- Provide guidance to stakeholders and team members for issue resolution related to your product
- Ensure consistent execution of product lifecycle process from concept to launch through management of people and projects
- Set project priorities and work through team leads to advance projects from development through implementation
- Capture and prioritize product requirements from multiple sources
What You Bring:
- 2+ years experience as an agile product owner, working with complex products
- Strong leadership skills, with experience managing, motivating and mentoring teams/individuals
- Can-do attitude with experience in managing and communicating with stakeholders
- Strong decision making, prioritization and problem solving skills
- A strong intuitive grasp on common organizational challenges, cross-department interactions, and business/enterprise toolchains
- Ability to coordinate people and technical resources across multiple areas of the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the technical level
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Must be energetic, creative, and self-motivated
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, GIS, Geography, Remote Sensing or related field
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer equity options for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Enjoy a spacious central office located in U/S-bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Employees’ well-being is our top priority: on site massages, snacks, fruits, drinks and company lunches
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.#LI-REMOTE #LI-NB1