Product Designer – Service Design
About the opportunity
As a Product Designer on the Services & Opportunity Capture team, you will partner closely with a Principal Product Manager to discover new pricing and packaging opportunities, features, and services for our Professional Services portfolio. You will be collaborating closely with stakeholders in our Professional Services team in order to understand the needs of both our internal teams as well as external customers. You will work to define opportunities in: productizing our current professional services; finding new services to productize; and tooling opportunities to improve internal workflow and effectiveness.
If you have a passion for service design, systems design, problem solving, and optimizing workflows, this role could be right for you. You should understand the role of product analytics in design, and know how to make evidence-based tradeoffs. You should be comfortable facilitating workshops with stakeholders with non-product backgrounds, and have experience working with complex systems. You’ll join a design guild of passionate design generalists who enjoy continuous learning, and the opportunity to impact the product and the organization in a meaningful way.
What to expect?
You’ll be a key player in determining existing and new product opportunities, pitch them to relevant stakeholders for buy-in, and facilitate the prioritization and realization of these opportunities.
- Partner with a product manager in identifying and defining opportunities in: productizing our current professional services; finding new services to productize; and tooling opportunities to improve internal workflow and effectiveness
- Partner with UX researchers and data analysts to learn about the reach in the market and the most important features we need to understand in depth in discovery
- Facilitate workshops with stakeholders in product and other departments
- Understand how the new service opportunities fit into our complex ecosystem, and make smart suggestions/trade-offs
- Take the user’s perspective and explore solutions from multiple directions
- Prototype creation (from low to high fidelity)
- Work with the research team to plan and conduct user testing
- Develop concepts, visual design and UX copy
- Communicate/pitch design decisions to relevant stakeholders
What you need to be successful?
- Self starter, looking for pragmatic solutions
- Comfortable navigating ambiguities
- Strong conceptual skills for designing complex scenarios
- Analytical approach to design
- Strong listening skills, empathize with stakeholders and end users alike
- Strong communicator (verbal and written) and user advocate
- Comfortable communicating with company leadership
- Experience with service design
- Experience with designing systems
- Experience with user research (quantitative and qualitative) and user testing
- Experience with meeting and workshop facilitation
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.