Senior UX Designer - SDIC
San Francisco, CA
Company: Samsung Design Innovation Center (SDIC)
Lab: UX Team
Location: San Francisco, CA
At SDIC, we are looking for creatively skilled and collaborative designers to join our group and bring new energy to our process. You should be ready to help at all stages of product design, from identifying unmet and latent needs, discovering untapped design opportunities, crafting new product concepts, to building and applying technology that tackles real user problems and pushes the boundaries that re-imagine the way we interact with products.
Our work appears on smartphones, tablets, computers, televisions, wearables, and other devices we can’t describe, yet. See some of our work at http://design.samsung.com/global/contents/sdic/
At SDIC, the Design Strategist will orchestrate product innovation efforts through the understanding of people via qualitative and quantitative research, market research, and the comprehension of What could be via technology scanning activities. You will be skilled at synthesizing this data into core insights and crafting compelling, persuasive narratives and narrative aids to enable storytelling. You will collaborate with Engineers, Industrial Designers, and UX Designers to translate insights and concepts into tangible prototypes and product designs. You will be an innovative and strategic design partner to join our group and bring new energy to our process. You should be ready to identify business opportunities and build concept. We are interested in a passionate and self-motivated individual who is comfortable in a highly fluid environment. You will bring drive, innovation style, and curiosity; we will provide the environment for you to thrive and grow.
- 10+ years of Strategy and Design experience in a related field or equivalent practical experience and training
- Comfort and experience with research, including, not limited to, use of ethnographic research, market research, interviewing, survey design, data analysis, and project management
- Storytelling skills and the ability to create compelling narratives in PowerPoint and/or Keynote
- Experience working in a creative environment with designers, and interest in human-centered design (aka design thinking)
- A passion for consumer technology and innovation
- Experience in identifying emerging opportunities and delivering via new products or services
- Able to critique, present and defend ideas while driving team excellence
- Be clear, concise, have a transparent communication style, willing to take action, dedicated, and open to ideas
- Advanced understanding of user-centered design processes and methodologies for identifying and solving problems
- Travel International and Domestic and work overtime when needed
- Conceptualize, document, visualize and develop ideas for experience and products and take them from germinal to shippable
- Collaboration! Work on the experience, products, and features in close collaboration with stakeholders
- Crafting experiences that accomplish appropriately set goals
- Building ideas that turn complex and confusing into simple and understandable
Be Bold. Resonate with Soul!
The UX Team drives innovation and creates disruptive user experiences. From ideation to prototype to final product launch to market, the team is in charge of all product development phases. The UX Team also leads and envisions future concepts, and develops products, technologies and ecosystem of services for these concepts.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
“We will consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records.”