Director of UX Design - SDIC
San Francisco, CA
Company: Samsung Design Innovation Center (SDIC)
Lab: UX Team
Location: San Francisco, CA
At SDIC, we are looking for creatively skilled and collaborative designers to join our group and bring new energy to our process. You should be ready to help at all stages of product design, from identifying unmet and latent needs, discovering untapped design opportunities, crafting new product concepts, to building and applying technology that tackles real user problems and pushes the boundaries that re-imagine the way we interact with products.
Our work appears on smartphones, tablets, computers, televisions, wearables, and other devices we can’t describe, yet. See some of our work at http://design.samsung.com/global/contents/sdic/
Samsung Design Innovation Center (SDIC) located in San Francisco, CA, is looking for an experienced Director of UX Design, who shares our “innovation through passion” philosophy, and thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. You will design visually beautiful, functional, and desirable interfaces and services across a wide array of technologies while leading a team of hardworking designers. We are interested in a passionate, self-motivated individual who is comfortable in a highly fluid environment. You will bring the drive, innovation style, and curiosity; we will provide the environment for you to thrive and grow.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred in related field or equivalent practical experience
- 15+ years experience in UX Design, Interaction Design/Product Design, and Project Management/Leadership
- Advanced understanding of design-centered processes and methodologies for identifying and solving problems
- Communicate the UX/UI guidelines to stakeholders
- Sketching and visualizing innovative ideas and user scenarios
- Direct and perform research for design strategy building and testing
- Documentation of: Scenarios, Wireframes, Visual Design, low and high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes
- Able to present and defend ideas while driving team excellence
- Time management and clear, concise, open communication
- Think and act strategically, proactively, and remain resourceful and inventive with a user-centric, research-driven approach for design and discovery
- Ability to travel Internationally and Domestically and work extended hours as needed
- Conduct UX research and develop strategy
- Conceptualize, visualize and build ideas for products and take them from germinal to shippable
- Wireframing, conceptualizing, rapid prototyping, user-testing, interaction design, and visual design
- Collaboration! Work on products and features in close collaboration with other Designers and Engineers
- Crafting experiences that accomplish appropriately set goals, successfully
- Building ideas that turn complex and confusing into simple and understandable
Be Bold. Resonate with Soul!
The UX Team drives innovation and creates disruptive user experiences. From ideation to prototype to final product launch to market, the team is in charge of all product development phases. The UX Team also leads and envisions future concepts, and develops products, technologies, and ecosystem of services for these concepts.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
We will consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records.