Senior UX Writer
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
UX Writing is a discipline under the umbrella of Design, that we at Careem, aspire to take a leading role in defining and advising on the story, content and ultimately delivery of the experiences we ship to our customers. It’s more than words, more than copywriting.
Principally it is a discipline that needs proper definition, processes, systems and tooling. We want to invest first and foremost in quality, scalability, and predictability (in our delivery), and only then in words.
Later on, once the above is defined, and apart from casting magic-word-spells on all stakeholders, we also expect you to own, manage and create beautiful and succinct copy that is on brand for everything from text buttons, error messages, menus, labels and more for all our products across Customer, Captain and Colleague experiences.
The role is based in Dubai, and reports into the Sr. Director of Design – Basecamp, UAE
- Be highly creative and collaborative. You’ll be working alongside PMs, designers, researchers and engineers with a relentless focus on user experience and the ability to clearly articulate how and why to add personality to UI text… and when not to
- Help in refining our craft and our processes, shaping the way we work together across disciplines to create awesome user experiences
- You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives for our entire suite of products by defining, developing and evolving a set of standards and guidelines to follow to present ourselves with the right voice and tone in every context
- You’ll be managing multiple projects at once, providing concepting, content strategy and writing from early prototyping through final execution
- Providing feedback on design and copy; advocate for users while understanding product and business goals
- Participate in user research and use new insights to iterate on copy that resonates with user needs and delivers delight
- Help with developing extended content such as release notes, internal blogs, product documentations, etc.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to deliver effective copy for the different teams while managing deadlines and release schedules
- Provide input and updates to user flows and assess copy requirements for features
- Ability to create and maintain a content strategy for all product content needs
- Ensure Tone and Voice consistency with brand and product
- Ability to improve conversions and other key metrics by A/B testing and iterating on product copy
- Experience in establishing, defining and scaling the discipline and practice of UX Writing, or Content Strategy, in the past
- Effective writing, editing, and project management skill with previous experience in creative, technical or product writing
- Experience in localisation and translation from English to Arabic
- The ability to work on multiple projects at once, with Colleagues from different parts of the business, some even remotely
- A good understanding of UX and UX research practices is beneficial