Head of Product - CareemPAY
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organisation that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy.
Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
About the team:
Careem PAY is a 100% subsidiary of Careem. Its purpose is to empower the lives of people in our region through seamless payment experiences and access to financial services.
Careem PAY currently serves all payment needs of the Careem Super App (including its complex management of cash payments across all markets) and is embarking on a bold vision that will see it become the leading digital financial services platform of the region over the next 5-10 years.
About the role:
Careem is looking for a Head of Product with a solid track record in the Fintech space. You will work together directly with the founders and be responsible for building and leading one of the strongest fintech team’s in the region. You will be responsible for defining and steering a long-term product agenda based on customer and partner needs, and for becoming a core part of the leadership team of Careem Pay.
- Build, develop and lead a strong team of product managers and thinkers
- Put the right systems and processes in place for rapid and customer-oriented product development
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs through data and otherwise and direct the product agenda based on it
- Lead multiple related products and initiatives from start to finish across functions and markets
- Inspire and be seen as a technical and business role across multiple organizations
- Serve as external spokesperson for Careem Pay at external events or media
- Be part of the leadership team that’s responsible for Careem Pay’s success
- Minimum of 12 years of product management experience with a portion focused on large scale and highly available applications with at least 3 years of people management.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience within consumer payments, Digital Wallets, p2p, Merchant solutions, etc.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams of engineers and data scientists to deliver world-class products.
- Fluent in engineering concepts to capture technical requirements, and ability to translate them for non-
- technical audiences.
- Proactively recruit, coach and mentor top talent and ensure the team is fully engaged and delivering its very
- best work.
- Passion for getting data and increasing usage in the product because people love using it.
- Ability to effectively lead while also creating product specs, working through operations issues, and helping
- solve user and technology problems.
- You are an excellent communicator with any audience – executive, business, design or technology. You can
- easily explain complex concepts to people with no domain or technical knowledge and make sure they understand the implications.