Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
A UX Researcher has a solid foundation in User Experience Research, is comfortable using a broad range of methods, and works as a partner and collaborator within a cross-functional setting. They conduct exploratory and evaluative research efforts to understand small business behaviors, needs, challenges, motivations, and mental models. They take what they learn, synthesize it and then surface insights and opportunities within their working group and beyond.
- Partner with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and other cross-functional teammates to provide research that supports the goals of the product and needs of the Mailchimp small business customer; align research activities to inform decision-making and action
- Represent the voice of the Mailchimp customer among cross-functional partners and stakeholders by highlighting the small business user, their needs, and behaviors
- Apply both quantitative and qualitative research methods to uncover insights (including, but not limited to surveys, card sorts, tree tests, statistical analysis, in-depth interviews, contextual interviews, moderated and unmoderated usability studies, heuristic evaluations, concept testing, and competitive analysis)
- Scope, plan, and execute research studies, with minimal support and guidance
- Effectively communicate findings and recommendations to product teams and stakeholders that surface recommendations and implications
- Partner with Product Analysts to synthesize large behavioral data sets to create a complete picture of the Mailchimp customer, their behaviors, and needs
- Proficiency in discussion guide writing, interview moderating, survey design, and data analysis (qualitative and quantitative)
- Experience working with large scale data in mixed method research
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to tailor the message to various audiences (product teams, product managers, fellow researchers, leadership, etc.)
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent cross-team collaboration skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate research findings into actions and recommendations, while considering company and product goals
- Experience in an Agile software environment preferred
*This role is open to remote - Mailchimp offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington state.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.