Senior Product Manager I Mapping & Locations (Marketplace)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and create an awesome organisation that inspires. With this vast mission statement, we started by improving the mobility of people, the mobility of goods, then the mobility of money. We are transforming into a super-app hosting multiple Careem and 3rd-party apps to make everyday life simple.
We built the first multi-billion dollar tech startup in the MENAP region. The first line of code was written in Pakistan and we built on it further in Dubai and Berlin. We operate in 100+ cities across 11 countries. We joined Uber officially in early 2020. We grew and attracted top global talent and grew a culture that is known for bold ambitions, shooting for the moon, innovating with tight constraints, and being Careem/gracious.
As a Sr Product Manager, you will be leading the Mapping and Locations Platform squad in the Marketplace product team. Careem started at its core as a marketplace company, matching supply and demand. The Marketplace team is the beating heart of Careem that carefully orchestrates customers, captains (drivers), and partners (food, groceries, shops) in the most optimal way across the Super App ecosystem. You will have tremendous ownership, and it is an invitation to do the most meaningful work of your career.
- Product Areas: Leading Marketplace Mapping and Location Platform product squads in areas like: ETA estimation for Mobility of People and Mobility of Things, Preparation time estimation, mapping, on-demand and scheduled routing, multi-modal routing with transfer, locations stack, robust location search, strategic data assets creation and potential monetization.
- Strategy & Vision: Developing the strategy and vision for the Mapping and Location squad, working closely with the markets, product, data science, analytics, and engineers.
- Roadmap: Building and driving the roadmap and being accountable on the impact and outcome.
- Execution: Executing and delivering on measurable results in a high throughput and a high performing environment.
- Voice of Data: Constantly surfacing and examining the opportunities from mining the wealth of data and prioritizing based on strategic ROI and impact.
- SPOC: Becoming the single point of contact of all Marketplace Mapping and Locations problem spaces, product development, and managing competing priorities with tight constraints.
- Stakeholders Management: Shielding the team and managing stakeholders, bringing stability and principled framework for decision making and prioritization.
- Culture of Impact and Shooting for the Moon: Responsible for growing a best in class Mapping and Locations team, guided by first principles from science and economics, grounded by data, iterating fast with experimentation and compounding improvements, and constantly pushing the envelope through 10x ideas and pilots.
- Wealth of experience leading product areas for two-sided or three-sided marketplace teams, ETA, routing, mapping (Google, OSM, ..), and locations.
- Strong data product management experience. Comfortable and passionate discussing algorithms and ML models tradeoffs, limitations, and advances.
- Impact driven with experimentation and simulation mindset, with experience in common pitfalls and avoiding being fooled by randomness.
- Proactiveness and Clarity: Proactively unblocking and managing cross-vertical and cross-functional dependencies and communication.
- Strong communication skills, critical thinking, and sound judgement.
- Drive and Motivation: You are motivated to make an impact, deliver results quickly, and raise the bar in the region’s ecosystem.