Senior Product Designer, Post-Purchase XD
One of the most essential employees at Wayfair are our Sales and Service Agents - a dedicated team focused on helping our customers get the most out of their Wayfair shopping experience, whether it’s assistance finding the right product, or helping customers resolve a post-purchase issue. Our Sales and Service Product Design Teams design the highly optimized tools and information systems our Agents rely on so they can deliver great service. From online tools to chatbots, the Design Team focuses on building solutions that make both our customer’s and agents’ lives easier, whether through our app or website.
We’re seeking a Lead Product Designer to help envision, design, and optimize the apps and tools that are used daily by over 4,000+ Customer Service, B2C, and B2B Agent teams across the US and Europe. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to shape and scale our set of agent and customer tools within the Sales and Customer Service teams. Since many of our agents work with customers real-time, we need to ensure that the tools we design give them the flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency they require, while being intuitive and easy to navigate in a multi-tasking environment. Ideal candidates are not only strategic thinkers, but also sought-after collaborators and strong UX practitioners who work well in entrepreneurial environments and who can understand and translate complex business tasks into intuitive workflows will find this work highly challenging and rewarding.
What you’ll do:
- Partner and collaborate closely with multi-functional teams - Product Management, Engineering, Field Operations, and Training Teams to define product, content, and information requirements, not just translate them to design
- Work closely with our User Research teams to understand Customer’s needs, problems, and expectations, and determine what our Agents require in order to provide a great Service experience via a number of different channels. This includes online tools, live chat, and AI technologies to assist both user types
- Obsess over the needs of our Agents by directly observing their current workflows, conducting usability testing for existing and proposed solutions, and act as the voice of the Agents in product discussions
- Understand technology and platform capabilities, and build your outstanding designs and interactions, and achieve high shipped product quality
- Design simple, elegant experiences that delicately balance the needs between new users and power users
- Build wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs with our in-house design system to tackle difficult enterprise UX problems, at scale
- Deliver, measure and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner among your counterparts in product, engineering, and marketing
- Act as an advocate for user-centered product design processes throughout the broader product and engineering organization
Desired skills & experience:
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables around compelling UX experiences including an online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: user flows/task flows, user journeys, conversational matrices, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction.
- The ability to manage and support several tracks of work within a large initiative leveraging a variety of tools and methodologies to keep design efforts on track.
- Strong skills in, and understanding of, modern design processes, design thinking and strategic planning for UX/Design. Able to tackle emerging technologies within a given technical space like Machine Learning.
- Experience designing digital products and systems that address larger workflow or address specific customer problems and/or needs.
- Ample experience collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups, communicating with diverse audiences, and balancing/negotiation priorities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
Our team is a mix of artists, coders, designers, researchers, and analysts who bring a range of skills and experience to our work. We value those individuals who can bring a different perspective to the post-purchase experience. Diverse perspectives only strengthen our team.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.