Product Manager, Reporting & Analytics
Stripe is working on making the global financial system programmable. This is one of the largest opportunities for impact in the history of computing, on par with the rise of modern operating systems. Key component of this effort is to provide the required analytical infrastructure and products. We are simply building the analytics for payments on the Internet.
We’re looking for a multifaceted product manager to help us build the Stripe Reporting & Analytics suite of platforms and products. Because of Stripe’s large user base and global availability, your users will be both external--millions of businesses all over the world, including many of the world’s largest and fastest growing technology companies--and internal--teams and products such as Stripe Billing, Stripe Issuing, Stripe Terminal, and Stripe Capital.
As the Product Manager for this area, you will be deeply focused on understanding the needs of our users and lead the strategy and execution for this area. You will have a unique opportunity to work across all of Stripe and collaborate with various teams in Core Payments, Financial Services and Revenue Management. You will also work deeply with our foundational teams that build the various surfaces and core objects. You will apply your product vision, insight and design sense to users' needs to both build net-new experiences and evolve the existing products. You will work closely with other functions, including engineering, sales, marketing, design and data science.
In this role, you will get to shape how money flows on the Internet are analyzed and hence optimized.
- Be a well-rounded product manager – someone who has both excellent product design/UX sense and strength in business strategy
- Develop and set long-term vision and strategy for our Reporting and Analytics platforms and products
- Drive product discussions with your most important users and partners to ensure that we meet their needs and achieve our near and long-term goals
- Drive product design and prioritization decisions across directly managed teams, as well as teams who own relevant products in other areas of the Stripe portfolio
- Be accountable for product roadmaps, resource allocation, and release cadence
- Be an evangelist for your product across the company, user base and the industry
We are looking for someone who has:
- Empathy for the problems that businesses small and large face in their day-to-day operations, and a desire to solve those problems. You’re able to win users’ hearts by clearly illustrating the value that Stripe’s products can unlock for them
- Experience designing and growing products with a bent towards analytics and insights
- An eye for great products who can work effectively with engineers, other product managers, and designers to build and scale them
- Broad skillset – someone who has excellent product design sense plus awareness and interest in market dynamics, etc.
- An instinct not to shy away from complexity. You are excited to solve extremely hairy product, business and technical issues
- Technical skills e.g., ability to gain an in-depth understanding of software systems and make meaningful contributions to high-stakes discussions on data modeling or software architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Computer Science background or similar experience with demonstrated passion for technology
What's it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.