Remote - Canada
CareGuide is home to over 6 million caregivers and families across the US and Canada. Our products help caregivers and families find each other through one of our specialized marketplaces across a host of different needs: childcare, home cleaning, pet sitting and many more.
We have a history of achieving big things. In 2015, we acquired CanadianNanny.ca and tripled its revenue within one year. Today, CanadianNanny is the biggest nanny marketplace in Canada. In 2016, we made our foray into FinTech through an in-house payroll solution. Today, HeartPayroll has processed over 200 million dollars in payments.
Now we’re moving to our next frontier: transforming the cleaning industry. The US and Canada are home to over a million cleaners across a number of different industries. Our mission is to be the number one place for Americans and Canadians to find a cleaner. We’ve more than doubled our user acquisition in the last year, and we’re just getting started.
We’re a pretty tight-knit group. Our regular team socials, bi-weekly cross-team meetups, snack box delivery to our homes, and weekly game sessions help build an amazing culture. But the real secret is hiring people who care about their colleagues and are excited to build something big. This culture helps fuel a high-trust workplace, which allows us to do fun things like offer unlimited vacation. Our team is constantly looking to improve and works hard to build each other up. We win and lose together and we’re all seriously committed to your growth.
This role requires someone who can wear multiple hats in any given week. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable switching between different channels and leveraging different skill sets to drive user growth. You are comfortable with ambiguity, you enjoy a challenge, and you learn quickly from your mistakes. You are gritty, results-oriented, and you always set ambitious goals. The best candidates will be comfortable collaborating with colleagues across various teams. You are a strong communicator who is constantly driving to share insights and progress with the rest of the company.
You have strong quantitative and analytical skills. You are comfortable analyzing data and generating actionable insights. You are adept at using these insights to generate hypotheses, run experiments, and collect data on future experiments across a variety of channels.
Prior experience with performance marketing channels like SEO, SEM, and Facebook is welcome. Any experience with building landing pages, writing copy, and conversion optimization also gets you brownie points.
Channel ownership, experimentation, data analysis, and communication.
- Channel ownership: be an expert on your channel. You understand the key metrics and performance levers of your channel and you are actively driving growth.
- Experimentation: you’ll be experimenting actively to (1) test growth opportunities for new channels and (2) optimize growth on current channels. Setting up landing pages, writing copy, editing images, A/B testing, collecting data, using insights to iterate - you’ll be collaborating on all these tasks.
- Data analysis: you are on top of your channel’s metrics. You are communicating your channel’s performance and projects on a weekly basis. You will analyze different types of data to understand your channel and experiments.
- Communication: you are your channel’s champion. You are actively communicating performance, coordinating problem-solving, highlighting wins, and managing all stakeholders related to your channel.
- Some experience in one or more of the following: SEO, landing pages, CRO, paid marketing (SEM, FB, Ads), writing copy or content.
- A good command of marketing and SaaS metrics: CAC, LTV, churn, payback period, and so on.
- An understanding of key performance levers for your channel.
- Good communication skills and the ability to write well.
- Proficient with data analysis and business intelligence tools. SQL knowledge is a bonus.
- Basic HTML and CSS skills are welcome but not required.
- The ability to wear different hats and operate fluidly in an ambiguous, fast-changing startup environment.
- You strive to make an impact.
- You’re inventive, curious, and comfortable working with numbers. You enjoy solving puzzles, and look to data when seeking to understand why the needle has moved.
- When things don’t work out, you take accountability. You thrive on feedback, take ownership for your work, and operate with a small ego.
- You don’t mind ambiguity and enjoy discovering solutions independently. When looking to evaluate success, you turn to data and outcomes.
- You’re tenacious. You understand that big goals require persistence and hard work. You aren’t afraid to do some less-glamorous work in pursuit of a larger accomplishment.
- You’re a self-starter. Instead of being told what to do, you’d much rather figure it out for yourself and show everyone how it’s done.
- On top of all that, you’re pumped to improve people’s lives.
What We Can Promise You
Unmatched learning: CareGuide has significant expertise in performance marketing. Our goal is to rapidly have you scale into one of Toronto’s best marketers.
Extensive mentorship: Weekly one-on-one’s with our VP of Marketing, and a learning budget that exists to help you excel. Opportunities to learn outside your discipline abound, for example developing your technical chops in data, design and product.
Continuous growth and exponential career trajectory: We hope you’re excited to feel challenged every day here. As you scale up and develop mastery, we’ll make sure you’re constantly exposed to new opportunities to push yourself and grow your career.
Benefits: As an employee, you'll be enrolled in our benefits program, have a budget for educational purposes, and all the hardware you need to perform at your best. We'll also assist with the cost of setting up a workspace at your home. Oh, did we mention unlimited vacation?