Senior Product Manager, Premium Subscriber Experience
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
At Tripadvisor, we understand that travel brings out the best in us, while lifting deserving businesses and strengthening the communities we meet along the way. We know that as the world’s largest travel site, we’re here to inspire and empower people to explore our world with confidence — and share their trip experiences with others. And every day, we see our ideas come to life in work that enables travelers to discover all the good the world has to offer. As part of the Tripadvisor team, you’ll have the opportunity to do the same.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Product Manager to define the Subscriber Experience product vision and roadmap for Tripadvisor Plus, our new direct-to-consumer subscription business. You will play a central role in envisioning, articulating, and globally expanding the core features and user experience for Tripadvisor Plus subscribers across platforms. This includes feature and benefit personalization, architecting contextual and timely engagement opportunities, subscriber retention strategy, and overall definition of features that drive understanding of the value of Tripadvisor Plus to subscribers.
Ideal candidates for this role have a strong product management background in direct-to-consumer digital, retail, or CPG subscription services, specifically in building products and features that encourage subscriber engagement, and drive subscriber retention.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and drive a subscriber engagement and retention roadmap across web and mobile, as well as partner with CRM/Marketing, Messaging, and Data teams to incorporate personalized features in product, as well as on email, push, and in-app.as well as unique, native only features.
- Develop KPIs based on customer insights and data, and use them to inform current and future strategies.
- Define and deliver key engagement and conversion metrics, and A/B tests to support continual optimization of the product and business plan.
- Develop, manage, and scale subscription strategies and initiatives to retain key customer segments.
- Develop written requirements and define success metrics and associated use-cases for new projects, shepherding projects from ideation to test results analysis and iteration.
- Be a subject-matter expert in customer engagement and retention opportunities and challenges as they relate to Tripadvisor Plus.
- Drive cross-functional team and leadership alignment on the product vision and roadmap.
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years experience of consumer-focused (B2C) engagement, personalization and/or retention product management. Experience in direct-to-consumer/eCommerce/subscription service space is greatly preferred. International product preferred.
- 1+ years experience in managing direct reports, and fostering team career growth.
- Demonstrated track record of bringing new engagement and retention products and services to market, and/or contributing major features and updates to existing product lines.
- Working understanding of data personalization as it relates to user engagement, and triggered messaging to enhance on and off platform experiences.
- Experience in direct user testing, A/B and multivariate testing, and data analysis.
- Experience in user-centric product design and feature definition.
- Experience with growth strategy, feature planning, prioritization, and delivery
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with various audiences at different seniority levels. Experience presenting to senior executive audiences is preferred.