Product Manager, Fleet Technology - Platform
San Francisco, CA
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative and analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation. We are looking for entrepreneurial and passionate Product Managers to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast paced company and industry from our San Francisco headquarters.
Lyft’s Fleet business is responsible for strategic investments that pave the road for Lyft to operate fleets of the future at scale and with hyper-efficiency. We are currently running one of the US’s largest vehicle fleets through our platform under the Express Drive and Lyft Rentals programs. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead our Platform team within Fleet Technology. Fleet Tech’s charter is to build a platform of scalable and extensible applications & tools across Lyft.
The Product Manager in this role is expected to define and drive our fleet platform strategy, working closely with multiple product lines (Express Drive, Rentals, Vehicle Service, Level 5, etc.) and 3rd party external entities. We are looking for a PM with a robust platform and systems experience, bridging technical and business goals across product teams. This Product Manager should be comfortable working in complex, fast-paced organizations - aligning multiple developments and cross-functional teams to a single vision.Responsibilities:
- Lead the long-term vision and strategy of our Fleet platform, laying the foundation to scale the Fleet organization by optimizing customer needs and technical efficiency
- Define and create platform capabilities (fleet management, inventory management, customer identification, reservations systems, service operations, etc.), aligning with stakeholders and scaling services across Lyft
- Identify partnership opportunities across the company and expand the usage of platform services Lyft-wide
- Create core services that address company-wide shared use cases upon which Lyft can rapidly construct new product offerings and revenue streams
- Own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation through development, launch, growth, and maintenance
- The ability to manage a diverse set of stakeholders and dependencies, project management skills are a plus
- 3+ years of experience in building products (platform and systems experience is preferred)
- Highly analytical with solid business and technical acumen sense that guides ROI-based prioritization
- Enjoys working on deeply technical products, closely collaborating with a passionate engineering team
- Confident in decision-making, providing concise, clear, direct communication
- Ability to work with full autonomy and little direct oversight
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and innovation
- Strong cross-functional relationship building with high empathy to understand the needs of other businesses and priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- An active participant in Lyft's culture; enthusiasm about Lyft and aligned with Lyft’s core values
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.