Product Designer, New Frontiers - Product Frontiers - Location Flexible
San Francisco, CA; Remote - US
Role DescriptionAs a Product Designer at Dropbox, you’ll tackle complex problems that will transform the way people work. You’ll collaborate with like minded designers, engineers and product managers to define product strategy and find inspiring ways to delight our users around the world. We’re looking for curious and inventive full stack product designers to create end-to-end experiences - from identifying and understanding pain points to owning the craft and finish of every detail in the product. This role offers an exciting opportunity to build innovative new products at Dropbox in a startup-like environment. You will have significant strategic impact as you collaborate with the VP of Strategy and New Frontiers to influence the development of Dropbox’s next multi-million dollar ventures, particularly around distributed work and virtual collaboration. You will engage with nimble teams to build awesome prototypes that have potential to graduate into highly impactful products. You will collaborate with world class Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, User Researchers, and Analysts as well as teams from across Dropbox to drive innovation.
- You are a self-starter who loves highly complex, fast paced challenges
- You are quick on your feet and ready to jump into fast moving products
- You thrive in ambiguity and prefer an entrepreneurial style of approaching work
- You think in terms of design systems and make rational design decisions.
- Your team collaboration skills are unparalleled.
- You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
- You excel in divergent and generative thinking and are able to generate lots of ideas quickly.
- You can distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions.
- An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- We love making things beautiful and hope you feel the same. You have a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space.
- You have a highly refined aesthetic sense and can both work within and expand the Dropbox style.
- You look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways.
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and have enough chops to communicate your ideas to our engineers.
- You construct your own set of guidelines and build easy-to-navigate documents.
- You want to work on a team of the world's best software designers and engineers, building a product that you use every single day!
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in Design
Job tags: Design systems Prototypes
Job region(s): North America Remote/Anywhere
Job stats: 4 1 0